Home-like and comfortable, our Mawson Lakes residential care home is a welcoming environment for both residents and their visitors. Our residential care home at Mawson Lakes, opened in 2003, is a purpose built facility which offers a homely and friendly atmosphere. The décor and design was carefully planned to provide residents with privacy and comfort. There is an active gardening club which enjoys the time spent outdoors participating in the care of the raised garden beds.
We have a long-standing relationship with local schools and an intergenerational program that connects students with residents focusing on art, craft, conversation and technology. There are a range of activities every day, including bingo, ball games, quiz and trivia challenges, music recitals and large screen movies. Residents are encouraged to keep active with Tai Chi, walks and wheelchair walks and group exercise classes. Every month, happy hours and birthday celebrations are enjoyed, and in the warmer months, barbecues are a highlight.
Residents are encouraged to personalise their room with personal belongings such as favourite chair, an heirloom quilt or a collection of family photos. They may also bring a small collection of plants and continue to care for them in the community garden or on their private patio.
Helping Hand’s Mawson Lakes Residential Care Home underwent redevelopment in 2011–2012 and now caters for 98 residents. The facility is located in the heart of Mawson Lakes and includes:
- Contemporary and spacious single rooms with private ensuite
- Beautifully appointed respite rooms
- Secure memory support wing
- On-site parking
- Café, serving refreshments and light meals
- Comprehensive library
- Unisex hair salon
- Interactive gardens, including seasonal fruits, vegetables and herbs
- Landscaped gardens and courtyards that incorporate seasonal colours, fragrances and textures
- Care home pets, including birds
- Internet café
- Open plan communal lounge rooms
- Quality home-style cooked meals prepared on site
- Weekly church services and social activities.
Nursing home features
- Medium home (98 beds)