Located in the Lightsview precinct, only 8 kilometres from the city, our Lightsview residential care home offers award winning accommodation. Opened in 2012, our Lightsview residential care home is one of our newest facilities. A balcony showcases a spectacular city skyline view, creating the ideal setting to enjoy a drink or two. The home itself is set amongst landscaped gardens, incorporating seasonal colours, fragrances and textures. The overall design reflects the unique colour palette of our South Australian landscape.
Lightsview has an active and varied lifestyles program, including exercise groups such as Tai Chi, movers are groovers (low impact exercise), table tennis, mini golf and a choir. There is an active Men’s Shed group who create beautiful wooden toys, and regular craft, knitting and art therapy groups. Concerts, movies and sing alongs also form part of the regular activity program available, and special bus tours & mobile shopping opportunities are highlights for residents. With so many options available you can do as you please and socialise as much or as little as you like. With a focus on lifestyle and wellness, we’ll provide you with the confidence you need to keep living a fulfilling life.
Residents are encouraged to personalise their room with personal belongings such as favourite chair, an heirloom quilt or a collection of family photos. They may also bring a small collection of plants and continue to care for them in the community garden or on their private patio.
Lightsview residential care home accommodates 110 residents. Features of the home include:
- Contemporary and spacious single rooms with private ensuite
- Deluxe extra services rooms with private ensuite
- Secure memory support area
- Beautifully appointed respite rooms
- Café, serving refreshments and light meals
- Comprehensive library
- Unisex hair salon
- Interactive gardens, including seasonal fruits, vegetables and herbs
- Landscaped gardens and courtyards that incorporate seasonal colours, fragrances and textures
- Care home pets, including a bird aviary and fish aquarium
- Internet café
- Open plan communal lounge rooms
- Private family dining spaces
- Men’s shed
- Mini golf for residents and visitors
- Quality home-style cooked meals prepared on site
- Weekly church services and social activities.
Nursing home features
- Large home (110 beds)
- Has extra service beds