Home-like and comfortable, our Clare residential care home has a warm atmosphere that is welcoming to both residents and their visitors. Our site is known locally as Carinya, meaning ‘happy, peaceful home’, and was first established in 1954 by the Clare branch of the Country Women’s Association. In 2002 Carinya became part of the Helping Hand organisation and the tradition of providing exceptional country community living continues to this day. Carinya is set in the heart of Clare, and residents are able to walk to the main street to shop or socialise, offering them the independence to continue living the life they enjoy.
Carinya is supported by a dedicated auxiliary & committed group of volunteers. Volunteers support a range of lifestyle activities such as craft, bingo, bowls, exercise therapy, men’s group activities & concerts, and also provide individual companionship. A highlight on the residents’ weekly calendar are bus excursions to nearby towns where they are able to reminisce about past days, enjoy a concert or some fish and chips near the beach.
Residents are encouraged to personalise their room with personal belongings such as favourite chair, an heirloom quilt or a collection of family photos. They may also bring a small collection of plants and continue to care for them in the community garden or on their private patio.
Carinya accommodates fifty residents, and features of the home include:
- Single or double contemporary and spacious suites with ensuite facilities
- Secure 16-place memory support units
- On-site parking
- Beautifully appointed respite rooms with sweeping garden views
- Comprehensive library
- Unisex hair salon
- Interactive gardens, including seasonal fruits, vegetables and herbs
- Landscaped gardens and courtyards that incorporate seasonal colours, fragrances and textures
- Bird aviary
- Internet café
- Open plan communal lounge rooms
- Quality home-style cooked meals
- Weekly church services and social activities.