Greek Orthodox Community South Australia (GOCSA) provides high-quality community care services to support your staying safe and well in your own home. We have proudly served the South Australian multi-cultural communities since 1985.
GOCSA is committed to providing consumer-directed care and support to best meet the needs and personal preferences of our diverse community and each individual.
You can rest assured that our friendly and reliable staff members are carefully selected. Each GOCSA staff member has the relevant training, experience and qualifications and that they satisfy our diligent recruitment selection process in reference and police clearance checking. Our case managers maintain regular communication with our clients and their representatives to ensure a positive care outcome is achieved through an enduring staff-client engagement.
Range of GOCSA Services
1. Home Care Packages (HCP)
HCP support people who need help to stay safe, well and independent at home. Our focus is to promote client wellness, independence and reablement. The 4 levels of HCP are,
Level 1 - Basic care needs: Services may include cleaning, social support, centre-based activities, home maintenance
Level 2 - Low-level care daily needs: Services may include support, such as showering, meals, transport, community events with a rehabilitation focus.
Level 3 - Intermediate care needs: In addition to level 2 services, there is a nursing care component in the design as well as an on-going management of assessed needs.
Level 4 - High level care needs: Services designed for individuals with complex care needs, who may be suffering from chronic illnesses, dementia or other cognition deficit.
2. Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP)
CHSP is a consolidated programme that provides entry-level home support for older people who need assistance to keep living independently at home and to attend centre-based care services. Carers of these clients will also benefit from this support.
GOCSA is funded by the Department of Australian Government to provide the following CHSP services:
2.1 In-Home Support Services
- Domestic support
- House cleaning, spring cleaning
- Linen services and laundry
- Social support
- Accompanied activities such as; shopping, attending social activities or medical appointments
- Support to access the community
- Home and garden maintenance
- Garden maintenance such as; pruning, trimming and yard clearance to provide safe access
- Home maintenance such as; minor plumbing, carpentry repairs, replacing light bulbs, maintaining smoke alarms.
2.2 Social Support Group Programs
Our social support group program aims to
- Link eligible participants to services such as centre-based day care programs
- Support people to remain connected to their community through enjoyable and meaningful social activities
- Our Social Support Groups meet at different locations in metro Adelaide on a fortnightly/monthly basis
2.3 Limani Day Respite Program
The Limani Day Respite Program (DRP) is a stimulating and culturally appropriate centre based service. It is designed to enhance the social life, self-esteem and dignity of older people living alone or those requiring cognition support. We emphasise on a person-centred approach and the program is delivered based on a Montessori-Dementia care model.
*Fee for Service
We also offer competitively priced services for individuals who are ineligible for assistance through My Aged Care
Home care package (HCP)
Types of care
Servicing the following LGAs / council districts
Centre based care features
Types of care
- Dementia care
Additional details: Additional cultural services available at various locations in metropolitan Adelaide - please enquire