Feros Village Byron Bay in the heart of one of Australia’s most famous beachside towns & offers a wonderfully relaxed lifestyle.
We encourage and support you to remain independent, with assistance with daily living available.
Four separate cottages each have 10 private single rooms with ensuites. The cottages are linked to a central services building by wide paved paths that are suitable for motor-scooters and easy walking.
Each cottage has its own family-style dining room, lounge, kitchen and gardens. The lounge area is there for extra space, comfort & relaxation, with a television, books, DVDs and couches.
All rooms are very homely so you can move straight in but you can always bring your own things too. For your peace of mind, the rooms are equipped with emergency call bells that can alert staff 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Many of our residents are very involved in life outside the village but there’s plenty happening at the village to keep them busy. A calendar of events is posted on a weekly basis and has a mixture of group and individual activities including exercise classes, Tai Chi, carpet bowls, quizzes, reading groups, art classes, gardening groups, movie afternoons and bus outings.
It’s up to you how you want to spend your day, from waking up late, enjoying a healing massage in the wellbeing room, trying a group activity, to taking a trip into town or enjoying a glass of wine with dinner.
The Feros Care Difference
- A key feature of our villages is that we allow our residents to keep pets (when appropriate), and we also have some animals that belong to the whole village. In our experience, animals can be very therapeutic and add some interest and variety to daily life.
- Delicious and nutritious meals are prepared on-site for you every day. We source many of our ingredients from local growers and producers to ensure everything is as fresh as possible, and we’re more than happy to cater for people with special diets.
- Staying connected with the wider community is something we actively encourage. If you’re a member of a club, enjoy social events, or just want to catch up with a friend, you’re welcome to come and go as you please.
- Family and friends are always welcome and are a part of our village community. Your visitors can even book in and share a meal at the village.
- Each village has a ‘positive living team’ whose role it is to help you stay as active and socially engaged as possible.
- All our villages provide access to high-speed wireless internet that is available to everyone to help keep you connected with health practitioners, friends and family, and the wider world.
- All of our villages offer respite care. Applicants for respite are assessed by an Aged Care Assessment Team.
- The Government calculates and regulates maximum daily fees and payments, taking into account your particular circumstances.