Faversham House enables better 'Ageing in Place' where the security, dignity, comfort and companionship of our residents is paramount. We provide individualised and supported care in a home-like environment. You can have peace of mind knowing that our fully trained and qualified support staff are on duty around the clock.
Located in Shierlaw Avenue, Canterbury, Faversham House is situated in delightful landscaped gardens, providing an enhanced outlook for residents and recreation throughout.
There are three respite care rooms for low level care. Also available are high level care places for people requiring a higher level of support. Every room is fully serviced with ensuite and emergency nurse call system. Personal care staff are available 24 hours a day. Entry is subject to Department of Health and Ageing regulations.
We deliver and extension Lifestyle Program, with a wide variety of activities to meet individual interests, cultural backgrounds, social, emotional and physical abilities and extra services of on-site physiotherapy assessment, podiatry service, hairdressing salon.
Faversham House Accommodation
- Ageing in place
- 165 Refurbished / Fully Renovated Single rooms with en-suite
- 10* Refurbished / Fully Renovated Superior rooms with en-suite. *Superior rooms are a larger room suitable for single occupancy
- All rooms offer individual heating and cooling
- All rooms provide access points for Phone, Television, Foxtel and Wi-Fi* network connection.
- All rooms are equipped with a bed, lockable drawer and over bed table
Faversham House On-Site Facilities
- Onsite car parking including, undercover parking, disabled parking spaces and sheltered pick up and drop off areas
- Multiple activity and function rooms
- Private dining and special function rooms available
- Spacious outdoor balconies
- Large garden area with sheltered seating and water features
- Outdoor recreation consisting of putting green, miniature bowls and remote control car circuit track
- An embraced animal husbandry program both indoor and outside
- Hairdressing salon and beauty therapy room
- Therapy and private consulting suite
- Large screen movie theatre
- Lifestyle program
- Music therapy
Specialist and Allied Health Services
- Respite care
- Dementia specific unit
- Palliative care
- Physiotherapy, speech therapy, specialist dentist
- Podiatrist, dietician, wound consultant, optometrist
- Psychologist / Psychiatrist
Nursing home features
- Very large home (175 beds)
- Specialist services: Podiatry & Physiotherapist assessments available
Types of care
Additional details: Beautician