Located in Pascoe Vale South and well established within the Moreland Community for over 40 years, the Dorothy Impey Home prides itself in providing quality care and a home-like atmosphere that many visitors comment on.
Our 92 bed facility (including one low level care respite bed) caters for residents requiring low or high care and dementia care. Our home allows for Ageing-In-Place meaning our residents will not be required to leave the facility once they’ve settled in should their care needs change at a later stage.
Many of the services we provide are based on Person Centred Care to ensure our residents feel a part of our family and are receiving the best possible attention.
All of our meals are cooked on the premises, using locally sourced produce and catering to the specific needs of residents. Resident personal clothing is also laundered on-site by our staff. We celebrate resident birthdays and encourage our resident families to get involved in special events and in being an active part of the Dorothy Impey Home family.
There is a daily activities program offering organised concerts, exercises, games, movie screenings, arts and crafts, music, church services, poetry readings, barbecues, Italian coffee club and a variety of other activities.
Residents can enjoy the convenience of local businesses nearby and the Pascoe Vale RSL is just a two minute walk away!
All rooms are large single rooms with ample cupboard storage for personal belongings and featuring a private ensuite with motion sensored lighting for safety and comfort. A large window in each room overlooks the landscaped garden surrounding Dorothy Impey Home.
Other room features include:
- A radiator in both the bedroom and en suite
- Modern nurse call bell system
- Access points for personal telephone and Foxtel-capable TV to be connected
- Data point ready for internet services to be connected
Elegant decor, furniture and fittings have been chosen for the safety and comfort of our residents and provide a homely and welcoming atmosphere.
All resident rooms are serviced daily and include same day laundry services.
- Latest Nurse Call Systems and Security Access Points in key areas
- 24 Hour Nurses
- Visiting Allied Health Services include General Practitioners, Physiotherapist,
- Podiatrist, Nutritionist, Dietician, Dentist, Optometrist, Counsellor and Reflexologist/Massage Therapist
- Visiting Hairdresser, Barber and Beautician
- Hairdressing Salon
- Church Services and Clergy
- In-house Library Services
- Large screen TVs in main living areas
- Projector for movie screenings
- Music entertainment
- Regular bus outings
- Coffee shop
- Internet hub
- Pool table
- Music room
- Landscaped gardens surround facility
- Undercover BBQ area
- Raised vegetable gardens
- Grandpa shed
- Pet therapy with dogs, birds, rabbits, chickens and aquariums
- Snoezelen room
- 3D TV room
Tours are available Wednesdays at 2pm or Thursdays at 4pm. Please contact us on (03) 8102 2400 to make a booking or book online through our website, by clicking on the ‘view website’ button above.