Dorothy Impey Home is known for providing high quality care services to the elderly citizens of the Moreland Community for 48 years. The home is surrounded by beautiful landscaped gardens with some rooms taking advantage of the skyline views of Pascoe Vale South.
A 24-hour Nurse-call system throughout our home allows for easy access to nursing and care staff. Resident personal clothing is also laundered on-site by our staff. Meals are cooked on the premises, using locally sourced produce and catering to the needs of residents.
Our daily activities program offers a variety of activities including daily exercises, games, arts and crafts, music, outings, church services, barbecues and an Italian coffee club. Residents can enjoy the convenience of local businesses and public transport nearby. The Pascoe Vale RSL is just 110 metres away!
All rooms are large single rooms measuring 4.2m x 7.4m approximately (inc. ensuite) with floor to ceiling cupboard storage, drawers throughout and contain a small personal safe for belongings with ample cupboard storage for personal belongings.
Your private ensuite consists of a shower, toilet, wash basin, large vanity cabinet with mirror and light, small radiator and motion sensored lighting for safety and convenience. For comfort and safety your room comes with a height adjustable bed, 24 hour nurse call bell system, a large radiator, wall fan, over bed lighting, soft carpeting and curtains.
All rooms are serviced on a daily basis and our on-site laundering services provide residents with same day service for their clothing. The room is equipped with a shelf alongside the cupboard suitable for a large flat screen TV, with ample space for a mini-fridge underneath. A large window in each room overlooks landscaped gardens that surround Dorothy Impey Home. Residents are encouraged to bring in some of their own belongings such as a favourite armchair and photos to tastefully personalise their rooms.
- Height adjustable bed
- Private ensuite bathroom
- Double suite room for couples
- Radiator (bedroom & ensuite)
- Wall Fan (bedroom)
- Large window overlooking courtyard
- Large room with ample cupboard storage
- Small personal safe
- 24 hour nurse call system
- Internet, Foxtel and Telephone connection point (additional fees and charges apply to use these services).
Our modern three storey home is nestled within Pascoe Vale South. In the warmer months, barbeques in our undercover BBQ area go down a treat whilst residents can enjoy lunch outside in the sunshine. There is plenty of work to do outside with our raised vegetable gardens for the green thumbs and a nearby chicken coop to be cared for. Our Grandpa shed is also available for those wanting to tackle a project or two.
In the colder months cosy up inside and watch a movie on our projector screen with a hot chocolate. There's our Coffee shop on Ground floor where you can have a cuppa and lunch without having to leave the home or visit our on-site Hair salon to get your hair done with our visiting Hairdresser or Barber. Our Chapel features floor to ceiling windows that offer views from up high of the rooftops and mountains in the distance. It's a peaceful room where you can admire the views and enjoy the warmth of the sunshine. At the opposite end in our Penthouse you can view the city skyline whilst playing a game of pool.
- Latest Nurse Call Systems and Security Access Points in key areas
- 24 Hour Nurses
- Visiting Allied Health Services include General Practitioners, Physiotherapist, Podiatrist, Nutritionist, Dietician, Dentist, Optometrist and Counsellor
- Visiting Hairdresser and Barber
- Hairdressing Salon
- Church Services and Clergy
- In-house Library Services
- Large screen TVs in main living areas
- Projector for movie screenings
- Music entertainment
- Regular bus outings
- Coffee shop
- Pool table
- Music room
- Landscaped gardens surround facility
- Undercover BBQ area
- Raised vegetable gardens
- Grandpa shed
- Pet therapy with dogs, birds and chickens
Tours are available Wednesdays at 2pm or Thursdays at 4pm. Contact us on (03) 8102 2400 to make booking or book online via our website.
Nursing home features
- Medium home (92 beds)
- Specialist services: Visiting Practitioners include General Practitioners, Physiotherapist, Podiatrist, Nutritionist, Dietitian, Dentist, Optometrist & Counsellor
Types of care
Additional details: Coffee Shop open Wednesday, Thursday and Friday