Donwood Community Aged Care Services Inc. is a 'not for profit community based organisation' providing accommodation to elderly residents living within the eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
Established in 1991 by a voluntary Board of Management, and not aligned to any other organisation, we continue to grow and expand as the need for aged care continues within the area. We pride ourselves on genuine quality care for all clients and residents.
At Donwood we have a team of professionals, nursing and ancilliary staff, who take an active interest in the running of the facility as well as ensuring individualised care needs for all residents are met.
Donwood has a total of 90 beds, comprising of single rooms with their own ensuites and double rooms with shared ensuites. All single rooms are spacious, light filled, with an outlook to gardens. We also have a 30 bed memory support unit where residents have access to large open areas and gardens. We have a large dining room as well as large lounge areas available for resident's comfort.
The Donwood Day Centre is designed for individuals who live at home by themselves or with a carer(s), but would like to participate in outside activities. It offers individuals an opportunity for social interaction involving activities that promote mental and physical stimulation as well as access to an outpatient physiotherapy clinic.
Respite accommodation is offered to individuals living at home with their carer(s) or by themselves and feeling they need a ‘break’. We offer respite in all parts of our facility, with three dedicated private rooms dedicated to respite.
Services offered within the facility:
- All rooms are fully serviced
- Personal clothing is laundered at the facility unless alternate arrangements are made with the families
- Clothing labeling system
- 24 hour nursing care by registered nursing staff
- Call bell system to all rooms
- Furnished bedrooms with built in wardrobes
- Resident Activity program - Monday to Friday
- Extended activity hours are provided in our memory support unit (Acacia) covering evenings and weekends
- Two on site buses for outings and resident use
- Several doctors from local clinics visity the facility
- Hairdressing, beauty therapy, podiatry and other ancilliary service providers who visit the facility
- Extensive physiotherapy service
- All meals cooked on site by a fully qualified Chef
- Resident meetings held every two months.
Independent Living Units
Located in Diana Street we have six independent living units. Resident who own these units can access services within the facility at a reduced cost. Units are purchased according to the Retirement Villages Act.
Please contact us by our telephone contact details above, or click on 'Send Enquiry' or 'View Website' if you would like to arrange a tour of the facility.