Who are we?
We are a community based, non-government organisation that has been providing a wide range of services to families and individuals living in Canberra for more than 30 years.
We currently serve over 500 seniors through various State and Federal Government funded programs, and we have the experience and expertise to look after your individual needs.
We offer a variety of services for people in our community aged 65 years or over.
These services can be accessed through the Commonwealth Home Support Programme or a Home Care Package.
How can we help you?
People aged over 65 years, or 50 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, are supported to remain in their homes.
At Community Services #1, we have skilled staff who have a focus on ensuring high quality service delivery, in areas such as:
- domestic assistance – for example, tidying and cleaning your home
- home maintenance – for example, gardening
- personal care – for example, help with showering and dressing and assisted shopping
- transport – we currently have a fleet of six cars, two 12 seat vans, and a 22 seat bus— serving residents throughout Canberra. The bus is equipped with a hydraulic ramp able to support bariatric clients or those with large mobility aids
- goods and equipment – for example, mobility aids
- social support (individual)
- social support (groups) – we have a number of fun social groups such as ‘Walk and talk’ and weekly mystery tours
- specialised support services
- assistance with care and housing, and
- case management (Home Care Packages).
Commonwealth Home Support Programme
Entry level services assisting people to remain living independently within their own home. Service types are approved after receiving an assessment from My Aged Care.
Home Care Package
If you require higher levels of support or have more complex requirements, a Home Care Package may suit you.
We provide personalised ongoing support, with a fixed amount of funding allocated to each individual provided by the Australian Government. This will assist you to maintain your independence and lifestyle while continuing to live in your own home.
Why choose us?
Community Services #1 is a local Canberra-based organisation, with highly skilled staff. When you call us, you speak to a service officer in Canberra and all services are booked and scheduled locally, with fast response times.
We listen to your needs and provide a unique, tailored program that gives you high quality care, at the best possible price.
If you select us, Community Services #1, we will meet with you to set your goals and determine how we can best help you.
We also have staff that can speak Mandarin, Croatian and Spanish.
Home care package (HCP)
Types of care
Additional details: We have multilingual staff and can cater to all cultural needs.
Servicing the following LGAs / council districts
In home care features
Types of care
Advisors & Professional Services
- Available in ACT
- Case management