Community Based Support is a Tasmanian, not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting people to remain living independently at home since 1988!
We are very proud of the fact that we are Tasmanian owned and operated, and we believe that this gives us a unique understanding of the needs of our fellow Tasmanian's.
CBS provides a wide range of services across the states to eligible aged care service recipients. These services are designed to assist people to live independently at home while staying connected to their community and include:
- Home Care Packages – we assist you to get the most out of your Home Care Package, ensuring your daily care needs are met to the highest possible standard. We work with you every step of the way, and you are in control of the management of your package right from the start.
- Personal Care – including dressing, showering, mobility assistance, medication prompting and meals, tasks which help you to remain living safely at home, living an independent life.
- Domestic Assistance – we can assist with housework duties such as vacuuming, cleaning, laundry and ironing. You benefit from assistance with necessary chores, leaving you more time to do the things you enjoy.
- In-home Respite – giving your Carer a break by providing in-home personal, domestic and social support to you. This can include things like going for a walk or a drive, going for coffee or playing card games. Each care plan depends on you and what you like to do.
- Social Groups – this support can assist you to be socially connected in your community. The programs will feature special events, wellness activities, guest speakers, arts and crafts, recreational activities, and outings.
- Home Modifications – assisting you to stay living at home by making adjustments to your home, based on your specific needs. This can include things such as bathroom modifications, installation of rails, and access ramps.
- And many many more...
All our options are available via Home Care Packages, Commonwealth Home Support and privately funded supports.
Contact CBS on (03) 6208 6600, and have a chat about how we can support you to live the life you choose in the place you love.
More information can be found at www.cbsaust.org.au