Community Based Support is a Tasmanian, not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting people to remain living independently at home since 1988!
We are very proud of the fact that we are Tasmanian owned and operated, and we believe that this gives us a unique understanding of the needs of our fellow Tasmanian's.
CBS provides a wide range of services across the state to people aged 65 and over. These services are designed to assist people to live independently at home and include:
- Home Care Packages – we assist you to get the most out of your Home Care Package, ensuring your daily care needs are met to the highest possible standard. We work with you every step of the way, and you are in control of the management of your package right from the start.
- Personal Care – including dressing, showering, mobility assistance, medication prompting and meals, tasks which help you to remain living safely at home, living an independent life.
- Domestic Assistance – we can assist with light housework duties such as vacuuming, cleaning, laundry and ironing. You benefit from assistance with necessary chores, leaving you more time to do the things you enjoy.
- In-home Respite – giving your Carer a break by providing in-home personal, domestic and social support to you. This can include things like going for a walk or a drive, going for coffee or playing card games. Each care plan depends on the you and what you like to do.
- Residential Respite bookings – residential respite is a short stay in an aged care facility, just like having a little holiday. It gives you and your carer a break from the everyday routine.
- Social Groups – this support can enhance your quality of life by assisting you to be socially connected in your community. There are many options to choose from including Day Centres, Home Away From Home Groups, Water Aerobics, Gentle Movement and Chat Groups, and special interest groups such as book clubs.
- Home Modifications – assisting you to stay living at home by making adjustments to your home, based on your specific needs. This can include things such as bathroom modifications, installation of rails, and access ramps.
- And many many more…
Contact CBS on (03) 6208 6600, and have a chat about how we can support you to live the life you choose in the place you love.
More information can be found at www.cbsaust.org.au
Community Based Support also operates the Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centre (Carer Support Services) in southern Tasmania. This program provides access to respite and support services for primary carers in southern Tasmania. To find out more FREECALL 1800 052 222.