Community Based Support, or “CBS” as we are more commonly known, is a not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting people in Tasmania to remain living independently at home for over 25 years.
We are very proud of the fact that we are Tasmanian owned and operated, and we believe that this allows us a unique understanding of the needs of our fellow Tasmanians.
CBS provides a wide range of statewide support services to people who are over the age of 65, people who are frail aged, people living with disability and unpaid carers. All services offered may also be purchased privately by anyone over the age of 18.
Our services include:
- Home Care Packages – we assist you to get the most out of your Home Care Package, ensuring your daily care needs are met to the highest possible standard. We work with you every step of the way, and you are in control of the management of your package right from the start.
- Personal Care – including dressing, showering, mobility assistance, medication prompting and meals, tasks which help you to remain living safely at home, living an independent life.
- Domestic Assistance – we can assist with light housework duties such as vacuuming, cleaning, laundry and ironing. You benefit from assistance with necessary chores, leaving you more time to do the things you enjoy.
- In-home Respite – giving your Carer a break by providing in-home personal, domestic and social support to you. This can include things like going for a walk or a drive, going for coffee or playing card games. Each care plan depends on the you and what you like to do.
- Residential Respite bookings – residential respite is a short stay in an aged care facility, just like having a little holiday. It gives you and your carer a break from the everyday routine.
- Social Support and Day Centres – this support can enhance your quality of life by assisting you to be socially connected in your community. There are many options to choose from including Day Centres, Social Groups, Sundowner Groups, Water Aerobics and Gentle Movement and Chat Groups.
- Home Modifications – assists you to stay living at home by making adjustments to your home based on your specific needs. This can include things such as bathroom modifications, installation of rails and access ramps.
- Day Surgery Support services - CBS provides safe, dependable and friendly support before and after a day surgery procedure. The Day Surgery Patient Support service operates under a user-pays model, however, some may be eligible for government assistance.
- And many many more…
Contact CBS on (03) 6208 6600, and have a chat about how we can support you to live the life you choose in the place you love.
More information can be found at www.cbsaust.org.au
CBS also operates Carer Support services which provides access to respite and support services for primary carers in southern Tasmania. To find out more FREECALL 1800 052 222.
In home care features
Types of care
Additional details: Please enquire about overnight care/support & home modifications services