Families can now be part of a unique and contemporary approach to aged care accommodation in Wyndham.
It provides older people in the area a genuinely new option to live with respect, independence, and support in a homely environment.
The Baptcare Wyndham Community redevelopment is a stunning, purpose-built facility that incorporates recent innovations in aged care. It has been designed drawing on Baptcare’s 70 years of aged care experience, combined with the design expertise of architects Carabott Holt Turcinov.
We are creating a very special place…
Careful attention to detail across layout, finishes and colour palette creates an airy, warm and welcoming environment.
The entrance area reflects a high street environment with ‘store fronts’ for the hairdresser, kiosk and nurses station. This area includes a stunning north-facing curtain window capturing light and green local views.
Interior materials draw from a rich but tasteful palette including neutral patterned carpets, timber shelving, decorative pressed metal panels, patterned screens, and subtle feature wallpapers. Clever lighting design adds further visual texture.
A clever connection to outdoors
Key design elements across the four levels to draw in light, air and views into private suites and shared areas.
- Large landscaped internal courtyard at centre of design
- Secondary courtyard provides a bright, attractive outlook for dining areas on each floor
- Winter gardens a flexible, outdoor area that can be enjoyed every day.
Sociable spaces create a hospitable atmosphere
Each of the four floors in the development becomes its own smaller community with a dining room with kitchenette, activity room and winter garden that can be used throughout the year. Each floor has its own dining and kitchen area where meals are individually served, and visitors can spend time easily over a meal, snack or cup of tea with their loved one. There are also a number of small multipurpose rooms that can be used for family visits or small group activities
Suites provide a tranquil and private space:
- Spacious, light-filled single bedrooms with ensuite bathroom
- Individually controlled cooling and hydronic heating
- Attractive external views
- Built in robes with lockable storage
- Picture rails and built in display shelving
- Neutral carpet and tasteful decor
- Feature wall covering behind bed and light above bed
- Block out curtain in recessed pelmet
- Zoned suite areas have been created for privacy and tranquillity.
To register your interest or to book a tour call Caroline Doyle on 9742 6666.
All images are artist’s impressions and are indicative of the final product only.
Nursing home features
Types of care
Additional details: Full time Chaplin Monday to Friday.; Memory support unity for residents with mild cognitive impairment