Baptcare offers a variety of social activity groups to individuals 65 years and above, who are living at home and have the desire to remain connected to their community. Baptcare provides Planned Activity Groups that are suitable for older adults and adults with disabilities. The aim of the program is to keep those who may be socially isolated, active within the community.
- Walking groups
- Day outings
- Guest speakers
- Armchair travel
- Exercise and physical games
- Culturally specific activities
- Café lunches
- Coffee groups.
Day respite offers carers a break from their daily care giving responsibilities. This includes services for the frail aged and people with early dementia.
Day respite is offered during the week and on weekends. Times are negotiable depending on what suits the carer best. We can provide ongoing regular bookings, occasional bookings and respite care at short notice when the unexpected arises. All care is delivered by qualified and experienced carers.
Our overnight respite program offers carers of frail aged people and people with dementia a short term break from their daily care giving responsibilities. All care is delivered by qualified and experienced carers. Respite clients can also join the activities programs at our day centre. We tailor our programs in consultation with our clients, ensuring they fulfil client preferences.
We offer overnight respite to carers of older people in the cities of Stonnington, Bayside, Glen Eira, Monash, and Kingston. Out of area referrals may be considered in urgent circumstances or in the event of vacancies.
What does the overnight respite program include?
- Access to planned and emergency respite.
- Client assessments and care planning by experienced and qualified staff.
- A short-term break for carers, generally up to seven nights per booking (Longer periods are available).
- Ensuited single rooms, which are available seven days per week
- Experienced and qualified carers to take care of client needs throughout the night.
- a secure environment to cater for clients with dementia.
- a commitment to keeping clients in their home routine where possible.
- Specialist support to carers to assist them to continue caring for their loved ones at home.
Anyone can make a referral to our services. We will accept referrals from:
- Your doctor or local health centre
- Family, a friend or neighbour
In some cases an additional charge may be requested when a special activity or outing is arranged. If you are experiencing difficulty in paying fees, please contact the coordinator who will discuss the most suitable options for your situation. All enquiries are treated with confidentiality and respect. If you are unable to pay fees, you will not be disadvantaged in accessing our programs.
For more information, please contact Baptcare Southaven Day Centre on the details above
This is a Commonwealth and State/Territory program providing funding and assistance for Australians in need.