St Martin’s Residential Aged Care – Anglicare Southern Queensland
Landscaped gardens in a leafy setting provide the backdrop to St Martin’s in Brisbane’s north. The residence is conveniently located close to neighbourhood shops and is on a public transport route. Qualified and caring Anglicare staff support the needs of frail elders and provide palliative support at St Martin’s.
St Martin’s Residential Care is a fully accredited residential aged care service.
The St Martin’s community
Communal areas for living and dining are provided in each wing, with the large community hall reserved for group activities and special events. Quite a few staff members are bilingual and can help join in at activities and functions, but there’s no pressure. You can be as private or as outgoing as you wish.
A number of health professionals regularly visit St Martin’s, including a physiotherapist, podiatrist, dentist, audiologist, speech therapist and dietician. We have a music therapist and there’s an onsite hairdresser available by appointment.
Maintaining the leisure and lifestyle interests of residents is all part of the program. We take a collaborative approach, inviting feedback and discussions on what types of activities you prefer.
The community benefits from having an onsite laundry and we provide freshly prepared meals served in the dining areas, catering for special dietary needs and meals to mark special occasions or cultural events.
- 24-hour nursing and care services
- Bilingual staff support for non-English speaking residents
- Landscaped gardens with areas for recreational activities
- Social activities and outings
- Allied health services – physiotherapy, podiatry, dietician
- Regular onsite church services
- Spiritual and pastoral support
- Respite support
St Martin’s has single and twin shared ensuite rooms and multi shared rooms (four per room) available.
All rooms feature:
- shared bathroom (ensuite or close by)
- ample in-room storage (wardrobe, chest of drawers and shelving)
- ceiling fans
- TV and telephone connections
- safety systems (nurse call and fire safety services)
Anglicare Southern Queensland Residential Aged Care
Anglicare’s residential aged care homes, give you privacy and security in a communal environment with all your meals, nursing care, medical care and personal care needs met with friendship and understanding by qualified and caring Anglicare staff.
One thing you should know about Anglicare’s residential aged care service is our respect for individuality. We want the people we are entrusted to care for – much loved family and community elders – to feel valued and respected. We encourage and enable independence in all our residents. And we provide a safe and professionally run environment that fosters a loving community with qualified and caring staff.
Nursing home features
- Large home (102 beds)
- Considers partners without an ACAT assessment
- Specialist services: Services Podiatry, Physiotherapist, Speech pathology, Dietitian, Geriatrician, Radar services from Prince Charles Hospital
Types of care
- Residential aged care