St Martin’s Residential Aged Care
St Martin’s is a single level home, located in the leafy suburb of Taigum, north Brisbane. It is home to 102 residents. There is a real sense of community and family with the beautiful landscaped gardens and sunrooms adjoining the rooms. St Martin’s is also conveniently located close to neighbourhood shops, and is on a public transport route.
Our qualified and caring staff assist in fostering a loving community and friendships through activities and a variety of social hubs. The al fresco and barbeque area or one of the sunrooms are a relaxing place for residents to read or catch-up with family and friends. Other social hubs include the communal and dining areas for each wing, and a community hall for special events and functions.
At St Martin’s we go to great lengths to make you feel at home and know your life experience is valued and respected.
The St Martin’s community
Our leisure and lifestyle specialists coordinate a broad variety of activities with the residents. Pre-entry discussions and feedback from our residents helps our staff to identify leisure interests so our program can be tailored to suit preferences. Residents can enjoy relaxing in the garden, dining areas, communal lounge and a larger space where concerts and functions are held.
A fully qualified spiritual and pastoral carer is available to provide spiritual support for both residents and their families.
The food we serve is carefully planned with nutrition, fresh produce, taste and variety in mind. We review menus regularly, run food focus groups and encourage feedback from our residents to understand what they like and if they have any new meal ideas. Our kitchen staff provide freshly prepared meals, delivered to our dining areas. Special dietary requirements are catered for including individual and cultural needs.
- 24-hour nursing and care services
- Bilingual staff support for non-English speaking residents
- Specialist Dementia Care Program
- Landscaped gardens with areas for recreational activities
- Social activities and outings
- Allied health services – physiotherapy, podiatry, dietician
- Music therapist
- Regular onsite church services
- Spiritual and pastoral support
St Martin’s has single and twin shared ensuite rooms and multi shared rooms (four per room) available.
All rooms feature:
- shared bathroom (ensuite or close by)
- ample in-room storage (wardrobe, chest of drawers and shelving)
- ceiling fans
- TV and telephone connections
- safety systems (nurse call and fire safety services)
Anglicare Southern Queensland Residential Aged Care
Anglicare’s residential aged care homes, give you privacy and security in a communal environment with all your meals, nursing care, medical care and personal care needs met with friendship and understanding by qualified and caring Anglicare staff.
One thing you should know about Anglicare’s residential aged care service is our respect for individuality. We want the people we are entrusted to care for – much loved family and community elders – to feel valued and respected. We encourage and enable independence in all our residents. And we provide a safe and professionally run environment that fosters a loving community with qualified and caring staff.
Nursing home features
- Medium home (70 beds)
- Considers partners without an ACAT assessment
- Specialist services: Services Podiatry, Physiotherapist, Speech pathology, Dietitian, Geriatrician, Radar services from Prince Charles Hospital