Barry Marsh House is located in Sydney’s south-west in the suburb of Oran Park. On-site with our well-established retirement village, Barry Marsh House provides accommodation for 80 residents. The attractive setting and expansive outdoor areas create many peaceful areas for residents to sit and stroll.
• Thoughtfully designed to support the delivery of person-centred care
• Attractive and spacious accommodation with high-quality furnishings and fittings
• Residents live in small community groups, each with its own spacious lounge and dining areas
• Chaplains providing pastoral care, Church services and other fellowship activities
• Nursing staff are available 24 hours a day
• A dedicated life enrichment team facilitates daily and regular activities for residents including clubs, groups, and outings
Rhythm of Life®
The care we offer responds to the diverse needs and choices of each person we serve. Rhythm of Life® supports autonomy and dignity and encourages people to form and strengthen partnerships of care.
Enhanced Dining Experience
• Hot cooked breakfast with extended breakfast hours
• Extensive lunch menu - choice of at least two main courses, other options including soups, salads, light meals, sandwiches & dessert
• A glass of alcoholic beverage with lunch daily
• Moulded food for pureed diets
• A variety of meal options for dinner - a hot meal, soups, salads, sandwiches & selection of light meals
• After-hours menu available
• Bi-monthly BBQs &/or special occasion meals in addition to routine social & cultural meals & events
• Fortnightly happy hour
• Choice of dining venues - dining rooms, resident's own room or other room as requested
• Help Yourself Refreshment stations
Technology and Engagement
• WiFi internet for residents and their visitors (up to 3 devices)
• Computer kiosk with internet connection for resident use
• Assistive & social interaction technologies
• CareApp to connect residents, carers and families
• Tovertafel interactive technology for enhancing cognitive and memory support
• BrainTrainerPlus digital experience to encourage active minds
• Trip Down Memory Lane program with foot pedals to "cycle" through locations around the world
• iPads and GPS watch for resident use
• Extensive video and book library with a library trolley, upon request
• Movie screenings
• Large-screen TV in common areas
• Evoke TV & Radio channels available in resident's room screening lifestyle activities, church services, entertainment & life enrichment programs
Lifestyle and Interests*
• Special event gatherings, at least monthly Personalised musical playlist for residents
• Gardening group – monthly
• Walking group – weekly
• Exercise & fitness classes - weekly
• Art & craft groups – fortnightly
• Musical entertainment – monthly
• Animal-assisted therapy – weekly
• Armchair travel with guest speakers – bi-monthly
* All activities subject to public health orders
Nursing home features
- Medium home (80 beds)
Types of care
- Residential aged care
Barry Marsh House is located in Sydney’s south-west in the suburb of Oran Park. On site with our well-established retirement village, Barry Marsh House is a friendly community of 80 residents. The attractive setting and expansive outdoor areas create many peaceful areas for residents to sit and stroll.
Person-centred care is at the forefront of this home’s design with dedicated care staff as well as dementia-friendly spaces. Resident’s rooms include high-quality fittings, air conditioning and a flat screen television.
Barry Marsh House has a dedicated lifestyle team to provide regular activities for residents. This team also facilitates our Rhythm of Life® program, giving residents a choice in how they spend their day from meals to activities, outings and more.
It was very hard to find a permanent age care mum liked, and as soon as she visited Barry Marsh House at Orian Park she knew that this is where she wanted to spend the rest of her days. The staff and nurses are wonderful, they make mum feel at home. Mum is a very busy lady, and is constantly doing things. Barry Marsh House has lots of activities to keep her busy. It was the best move my family has done, to keep mum safe and well. Thank you Barry Marsh House!!!!
It has been the best choice our family have made to put our Mum at Barry Marsh Retirement Village. The service, nurses & social activities have been excellent. It is almost like a 5 Star Hotel. Highly Recommended.
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad to hear mum is enjoying all Barry Marsh House has to offer. We will pass your kind words onto the team at the home.
There is no harder task than finding a right place for your loved one, fortunately we found Barry Marsh house a modern and beautiful home.We are very impressed with the professional care, compassion and love the staff give to our mum.We are frequently reassured by calls or emails from the RN’s re changes in mum’s care .Mum is a real social butterfly who loves gardening, bingo and music to name a few ,lucky for her she is able to enjoy all of this in the various activities provided there
A Big Thank You to all the staff ,keep up the good work !
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so glad to hear of your mum's positive experience at Barry Marsh House. We will pass your kind words onto the team at the home.
Exceptionally happy with the care mum received throughout her time with Barry Marsh House all the staff from the reception to the Rn’s and the carers. Would definitely recommend Barry MarshHouse Oran Park.
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts and positive feedback about Barry Marsh House and giving us a 5-star review. It was a privilege to care for your mum during her stay at Barry Marsh House and we will be sure to pass on this lovely feedback to the manager and team there.