Do you or someone you know have early stage dementia or memory loss?
Receiving a diagnosis of dementia can be an overwhelming and scary experience.
Alzheimer’s WA Adjusting to Change program is specifically designed for people who have recently been diagnosed with dementia, and their support people. It is an opportunity to receive information and support for those living with early stage dementia
The program consists of a series of structured information sessions held once a week, over five weeks, at various locations across the metro area.
Some of the topics discussed:
- Understanding dementia
- Strategies for adapting to changes
- Future planning
- Relationship dynamics
- Linking with community supports
The benefits of attending:
- Meeting and sharing experiences with others in a similar situation
- Discussing different coping strategies
- Maintaining and enhancing skills and abilities
- Considering future options
- Expressing feelings and emotions in a safe, small group environment
- Feeling valued and accepted
For more information please call us on 1300 66 77 88 email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.alzheimerswa.org.au.
Advisors & Professional Services
- Available in WA
- Dementia advisors
- Training & workshops