Do you need help in choosing the best care options for your loved one?
Aged Care Assistance Placement Consultancy can assist you in navigating through the aged care application and placement process. I can assist in all areas of care, including home care, respite care, permanent care, supported living or retirement living.
My name is Berenice Wadham & I have had years of experience working in the aged care industry. I understand the stress involved in seeking appropriate care for your loved one. Not only have I been an admissions officer for some major Queensland based aged care organisations, but I have also been through the trauma of finding suitable accommodation for my own parents. I know too well, the difficulties that can be experienced during this emotional time.
The aged care application process can be very daunting indeed. Let me use my experience & knowledge to assist you through your personal crisis.
As I do not have an alliance with any aged care organization, I can offer independent and impartial advice to all my clients.
My services include:
- A confidential meeting with you & your family in your home (or by phone if more practical) at a time convenient for you, to discuss your loved ones’ particular situation.
- Completion & submission of all required documentation including the Request for a Combined Asset & Income Assessment (Centrelink/DVA) & application for Guardianship etc., if required.
- Liaising with aged care facilities to ensure they can provide the care & lifestyle requirements for the applicant.
- Compiling a list of facilities which may be suitable for the applicant for consideration by the family.
- Guidance to assist you to understand the fees and charges involved in an admission to an aged care facility & referral to aged care financial professionals, if necessary.
- Negotiation of the accommodation payments or extra service fees if required.
- Once a successful placement has been achieved, I can guide you through the Residential Care Service Agreement and organise a suitable admission date…. & much more.
"Faced with the need to place our mother into aged care, we found the whole aged care arena to be quite complex. After discussions with us, and taking my mother’s aged care assessment requirements into consideration, Berenice came up with a short list of aged care facilities for us to inspect, along with further guidance of what to look for when actually at the facility. She then made the applications to the facility on our behalf. When we received the offer of a place, Berenice further assisted right through to the acceptance of the offer, including further negotiations with the facility, until Mum actually took up residence in her aged care suite. She demystified the whole process and assisted us every step of the way. The assistance provided by Berenice was invaluable and I would recommend her service to anyone faced with the prospect of placing a loved one into aged care”- Heather Smith