For 25 years, Yukana has provided quality aged care for our community.
We offer a flexible range of private care options, from Independent Living Units (including low level care), through to our Total Care Facility with supported living, extended care, dementia care (including secure) and palliative care.
Our residents enjoy newly renovated units and apartments set within beautiful gardens, fresh food prepared daily, and exceptional private care services for all levels. Offering a stimulating lifestyle full of fun and good humour, friendly staff and all the comforts of home, Yukana is a great place to live. There’s something to look forward to every day.
While our facilities, gardens and amenities are second to none, our staff are a huge contributing factor to what makes Yukana special. We often receive comments as to how happy our staff are and happy staff lead to happy residents and the high level of care for which Yukana is known.
TOTAL CARE FACILITY (SUPPORTED LIVING APARTMENTS)
All the care you’ll ever need
Yukana’s Total Care Facility offers 83 private, newly renovated, single apartments with a private ensuite. All supported living apartments feature reverse cycle air conditioning & heating, and are adjacent to beautiful courtyard areas (including kitchenettes) that provide a wonderful atmosphere to be enjoyed each day.
You have access to a variety of services including:
- Catered, freshly prepared meals including special dietary requirements, as well as extended care preparations
- Exercise and fitness programs, designed for your ageing needs
- Concierge service – transport to local medical appointments in Yukana’s private vehicle
- WiFi internet
- Podiatry, hairdresser and beautician services (by appointment)
- Visiting Doctor service onsite
- Housekeeping services as you need them
- Full laundry service available
- Yukana private bus to various shopping centres around Toowoomba
- Easy access to Council bus stops
- Local newspaper and magazines (upon request).
Medication delivered by Yukana staff is dispensed by our preferred Pharmacist through Medication Packaging Systems (MPS) and DoseEdge – computer-controlled systems linking the Doctor, Pharmacist and Yukana, to ensure that the key people involved in providing your medication are fully informed, particularly when changes or variations take place. This service takes the responsibility of medication delivery off your shoulders, and gives you and your family peace of mind.
INDEPENDENT LIVING UNITS
A wonderful place to call home
Yukana has 81 Independent Living Units, offering residents from 75 years of age the ability to enjoy an independent lifestyle with emergency assistance close at hand.
There are a number of different unit configurations, including one and two bedroom units with various additions, including:
- Enclosed patio
- Lock-up garage
- Enclosed garage (creating extra living space for you to enjoy).
Your unit is your own private space within Yukana. Enjoy the company of other residents, perhaps with a BBQ in our newly built gazebo or feel free to enjoy your own company if you prefer. You are encouraged to retain your personal doctors, dentists, clubs & entertainment for a full and active life. You are welcome to have family & friends stay with you for short stays or holidays.
You can enjoy a range of facilities with no hidden charges. These include:
- A 24 hour emergency call system
- Regular Yukana bus services to local shops
- Comprehensive activities program
- Garden maintenance.
Other services available include:
- Wi-Fi internet
- Personal care packages including medical and housekeeping
- Concierge transport service
- Private maintenance and computer services
- Delicious, home-style meals prepared and freshly cooked on the premises.
Renowned for their dedication, our team of caring professionals are committed to serving all who call Yukana ‘home’. Your best interests are at the heart of all we do.