In addition to providing training to care and nursing staff to meet their professional development needs, Residential Aged Care Facilities, Hospitals & Community / Home Care providers must provide specified mandatory training to meet legal and accreditation requirements. This includes but is not limited to training in hazardous manual tasks, infection control, elder abuse and mandatory reporting, workplace bullying & harassment, etc.
Many age care facilities are unable to provide face-to-face training for all their staff due to barriers around shift work, cost and training resources. If carers have a limited understanding of aged care issues, then the care that they can deliver is compromised, there is a risk of unsafe practices and techniques being performed and the health and safety of the worker and their co-workers is also compromised.
Why Use W&L Learning?
- Staff can take training anytime, anywhere, on any device
- Training meets specified learning outcomes
- Able to access training in a timely manner
- New interest in online training in the aged care industry
- More cost effective than face-to-face training sessions
- Difficult to get all staff to attend scheduled education sessions due to shifts
- Limited training is provided in Certificate 3 or 4 in aged care.
Why would a facility use online education instead of face-to-face training?
- Simple, flexible logistics - after location, time is the greatest limitation on learning
- Most up-to-date content at cheaper cost
- Immediate results and feedback
- Easier management of training data
- 24 / 7 access – flexibility
- Can sync with HR software
- Better retention
- Greater access to expertise
- A better fit for 21st century businesses.
W&L Learning enables aged care organisations to meet accreditation requirements related to mandatory training in the most cost effective manner while ensuring that the best possible care is provided to its residents and the staff are performing safe work practices. Improving the knowledge of aged care workers improves the care that is delivered to the residents.
Key Features and Benefits
Our Learning Management System is easy to use and has been developed for aged care, community and home care providers.
Corporate User Management - Add new staff members and customise your own staff classifications. Manage multiple sites or offices with our tiered permission system.
Training & Development Plans - Create individual or group training plans for your staff. Manage training plans with our user notification system.
Reporting & Statistics - View extensive reports on what training is outstanding or completed. Download certificates from our training register.
W&L E-Learning Content - All content from the W&L Learning library is available on our learning management system. Our content can also be purchased to use on your own LMS.
Content Development - Let us develop your training materials into interactive E-Learning modules. Upload onto your own Learning Management System or use ours.
Customised Branding - We can brand our learning management system and materials with your organisation’s logo and corporate colours.
Technical Support - Individual telephone and email support is available Monday-Friday with 24 hours response time guaranteed.
Access Anywhere - Our LMS is cloud based and mobile, tablet and laptop friendly. Take our modules anytime, anywhere, on any device.
Software integration - W&L Learning synchronises with HR software (e.g. Kris 21).