Mission Statement: "At Waverley Valley Aged Care, we are dedicated to serving the needs of the community to the best of our ability, always striving for excellence.
"We respect life in all stages and the true spirit of partnership, we are committed to compassionate, safe and competent care for all those we serve."
This accredited facility opened on 16th June 2000. Recently the facility was accredited for the fifth consecutive time until 2015. This achievement is representative of extremely high standards in care and services. Our senior management team comprises of proprietors who have acquired over 35 years of experience in the aged care industry and who are joined as a family business by their children Lisa and Andrew.
The facility has appointed a qualified Director of Nursing and Operational Managers, who lead and supervise qualified, dedicated, compassionate care staff.
Waverley Valley can accommodate 175 residents and is located in Glen Waverley, ideally situated close to parks, safe walking paths. It is close to the Glen Shopping Centre, trains, buses, freeways, theatre, clubs and restaurants and is located in a very peaceful and quiet area.
The proprietors, Noel and Josephine Thompson, descendants of early Waverley pioneers, have lived in the area all their lives.
The premises feature:
- Single or twin share rooms with ensuites
- Luxurious furnishings
- Billiard room
- Multiple lounge and dining areas
- Wide corridors
- Pleasant and aesthetic external enviroment
- Frequent outings in air-conditioned comfort Mercedes facility bus
- Medical Director
- Systems/Quality Manager
- Lifestyle Manager
- Extensive therapy programs
- 24 hour care by qualified staff
- Senior staff on call 24 hours.
Nursing home features
- Very large home (175 beds)
- Has extra service beds
- Specialist services: Physiotherapy, podiatry, speech therapy, Dietitian, wound consultant
Types of care
- Residential aged care