A Home Built for Care
Viewbank House was built for the successful provision of aged care. There are no stairs and access to all areas of the home is easy. The home is fully carpeted throughout.
All residents have their own rooms with ensuite bathroom. There are four double rooms which are available for couples or for people who want a larger room for themselves. Every room has an outlook to a garden and is appointed with in built robes, heating, phone and TV points and call bells.
The bathrooms are fully fitted with disabled access walk-in showers with built in shower chair, grab rails, and call bells. A range of other equipment such as over toilet chairs, commodes and bed poles are available on request.
The resident’s room is their own private domain. A key is provided and privacy observed at all times. A resident may bring into their room any item of furniture or décor they want, including pictures on the walls. They can make their room their own.
Viewbank House provides:
- Bed, innerspring bed and base mattresses with all bed linen and coverings
- Bedside drawers
- Occasional table and wall mirror
- Upright chair
- TV for respite residents.
A resident may replace or add to any of these furnishings with their own.
Every resident has an individual care plan which is developed in conjunction with the resident and his/her family. This ensures all needs are met in a way that suits the person.
Our services include:
- Assistance to shower or bath when and how often the person prefers
- Help with dressing and grooming so the person can look and feel smart
- Assistance to walk safely
- Assistance to manage continence and toileting
- Help in coping with the daily routine if the person's memory is failing
- Active night duty staff to ensure 24 hour care.
We can be contacted by telephone, fax or email.