As we grow older, it is important that we have the comfort and sense of community that comes from spending time with people of similar ages and experiences, in accommodation that works well for us.
For those who have served and/or their widows/ers
Vasey RSL Care offers Independent Living Units (ILUs) in village settings for veterans of the Australian or Allied Forces and for the widows or widowers of veterans.
The units offer various styles of rental accommodation at affordable rates, significantly lower than comparable private accommodation in the same area. The units are well presented and maintained, with Vasey RSL Care taking care of building and grounds maintenance.
The units provide greater security of tenure, where you share a village atmosphere in a community setting with people who have similar values and experiences. You can be as independent as you like or you can make friends and socialise with other residents. Residents share camaraderie, mutual support, and a respect for tradition.
Call us now on 03 9810 5500
- The ILUs are open to individuals who receive a government benefit and who meet the asset and income test (please contact us for full details)
- Most residents are over 60 years of age, but veterans 60 and under are accepted at the discretion of management
- Priority is given to people in necessitous circumstances
Locations and Unit Types
- Beaumaris – studio and one bedroom
- Cheltenham – one bedroom
- Croydon – one bedroom
- Frankston South – studio, one bedroom and two bedroom
- Geelong – studio, one bedroom and two bedroom
- Ivanhoe – one bedroom
- Reservoir – one bedroom
All units have reverse cycle air conditioning systems and are close to transport, shops and other community services. Most villages have a community hall for social activities.
- Offers ILUs/Villas and Rental units
- Pets considered
- Licence to occupy
Find out more:
T: 03 9810 5500
Click on the 'Send a Message' button above the map
Or click on the 'Visit our Website' button above the map – then click on ‘Care Options’ and choose ‘Independent Living’.
Additional details: 24 hour emergency call system