A helping hand when you need it
Sometimes nursing help is needed in order to stay healthy and continue to live at home.
How we can help
- nursing care
- organising your medication
- health checks
- having a shower, getting dressed and looking after yourself
- looking after wounds to help them to heal
- handling any problems with incontinence
- looking after chronic health issues
- palliative care
Who is eligible?
Our Home Nursing Service is available to older people who are Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) Gold or White Card holders, have a disability, chronic illness, have been discharged early from hospital or are insurance recipients.
DVA Gold and White Card holders have their fees fully covered by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs, so you don’t have to pay anything.
If you would like to access this service, simply follow these easy steps:
- To talk about the next steps and to find out if you qualify, call our home and community care team on 1800 486 484. Home and community care are available:
Monday to Friday, 7.00am–8.00pm
- If required, visit your doctor to obtain a referral. If you would like, we can arrange this through your doctor, a discharge planner or social worker on your behalf. One of your friends or family members may also enquire on your behalf
- We’ll talk with you about your needs and develop a personalised plan to help you continue to live at home happily and safely. Once this is in place, your services will start.
Health service features
Additional details: In home services for DVA, VHC and VHS clients
In home care features
Types of care
Additional details: An assessment or referral is required for clients prior to services being provided