Remaining active and socially connect as we age is an essential ingredient to maintaining physical health and mental wellbeing.
Strathdon AgeWell Centre in Forest Hill offers a friendly and welcoming environment where older people can meet and socialise, enjoy a wide range of interesting activities and participate in health and wellbeing programs to maintain or restore independence.
Our staff are highly qualified allied health professionals and professionally trained activity workers dedicated to providing quality, innovative services to ensure every person has the opportunity to age well.
A key feature of Strathdon Agewell Centre is the state-of-the-art seniors gym fully equipped with Helsinki University Research (HUR) equipment - specialised strength training equipment designed for seniors that uses air resistance and innovative smart technology to provide tailored programs and outstanding results.
Allied health services include:
- occupational therapy including assessments for home safety, aids and equipment
- exercise physiology
- podiatry and footcare
- rehabilitation, wellness strength exercise groups including falls and Balance, Tai Chi, and rehabilitation for clients with Parkinson's, stroke and related conditions
- healthy ageing education and information
The adjoining Mingara Centre provides:
- social support for older people living in the community with early stage dementia/memory loss or other age related challenges
- flexible social and leisure activities including art therapy, craft, cooking, gardening, music therapy, men's choir, movement and seated exercise, memory support, use of technology, creative writing, community outings and more
We take into account each person's individual goals, preferences and choices and our program is underpinned by a strong emphasis on wellness and restorative approaches.
To find out how we can help you to remain healthy, active and connected, call the Uniting AgeWell team on 1300 783 435.
Day therapy centre features
Additional details: Includes a state-of-the-art seniors gym; exercise groups for clients with Parkinson's, stroke/balance, wellness & strength programs, assessments for home safety, aids & equipment