At Uniting AgeWell, we understand the importance of supporting people who care for seniors in our community.
We offer a range of respite options to give carers a break, while providing a stimulating and supportive environment for the person they care for.
These options can include:
- In Home Respite - a one-to-one service where a care worker provides respite within your home or the care recipient may be taken into the community.
- Day Respite Program - respite is provided within a day centre setting, appropriate to individual care needs.
- Community Access/Transit Groups - where a small group of clients go on an outing with the support of a care worker.
- Overnight Respite - respite is provided overnight in an overnight cottage or other community residential facility. Respite can be arranged for 1 or 2 nights
- Respite Stay Package - Uniting AgeWell has introduced a special Respite Stay Package, which provides a three week stay at one of our residences for the cost of just two weeks. This special package is available for all respite stays made between 1 November 2020 and 30 June 2021.