Located among gardens in Tasmania’s north west, Umina Park has a choice of residential accommodation in a peaceful, leafy area of Burnie.
Umina Park offers you welcoming, well appointed residential accommodation and a relaxed lifestyle. This large facility is set among extensive grounds, with colourful flowerbeds and lush gardens, and is part of a close knit and caring seniors’ community.
Umina Park is open and modern, with a choice of rooms that take full advantage of the gardens and country views. You’ll enjoy excellent on-site catering each day, and our sunny dining and lounge areas are ideal places to relax and enjoy a chat with friends. Amenities include a hair salon, library and chapel & extensive health services. And each day, you can choose from a program of individual & group activities or just soak up the warm and hospitable atmosphere and enjoy connecting with your fellow residents.
- Two hair salons
- Resident kiosk
- Four dining rooms
- Internal courtyards
- Personal laundry
- Dietitian, physiotherapy, podiatry and other paramedical services
- Eight lounges / family tea rooms
- Dedicated chapel
- Library service
- On-site catering.
Umina Park has an extensive Leisure and Lifestyle department and offers an extensive range of services to stimulate and involve residents. These include:
- Individual and group activities
- Craft activities
- Music therapy
- Library visits
- Walks and wheelchair tours
- All day outings
- Community activities
- Fishing trips
- Theme days.
Set in leafy gardens, Umina Park blends with the environment and fits right into the community. Close by are:
- 40 independent living units
- Resident bus for regular outings
- Vibrant shopping and business district
- Cafes, shops, services, local beaches and parks
- Public bus and taxi services.
- Residential care suites
- Double room
- Secure dementia suites
- Independent living units.
If you'd like to find out more about Umina Park or to arrange a visit, call on (03) 6433 5166.
Nursing home features
- Very large home (178 beds)
- Has extra service beds
- Specialist services: Aged care mental health team, GP services, podiatry, optometry, physiotherapy
Types of care
Additional details: Extra Services also applicable to some secure dementia beds