Sundale Bindaree Care Centre is a community based not-for-profit organisation. The 40 bed Commonwealth Government Subsidised Aged Care Facility is situated near the mouth of the Boyne River in Boyne Island, Queensland and offers ageing in place.
Every person who enters Sundale Bindaree Care Centre as a resident is treated as an individual who has spiritual, emotional, physical and social needs that are recognised and responded to by our staff. The recognition of individual needs and the identification of appropriate assistance, support and services required are the result of a process of information sharing between resident, family and our team of staff.
Taking advantage of its riverside location and leafy surrounds, Sundale Bindaree Care Centre is a light and airy home that provides a safe and homelike environment for our residents whilst remaining affordable.
Room features include:
- Individual rooms each with ensuite and access to an outside terrace area
- A fully adjustable electric bed
- Ample cupboards and personal lockable storage
- Call bell system
- Opportunity for you to personalise and make the rooms your own.
Facility features include:
- On site commercial kitchen, with menu designed by a Dietitian
- On site laundry
- On site hair salon
- Facility bus
- Church services
- On site maintenance
- Weekly visits by Medical Practitioners
- Scheduled visits by Allied Health Professionals including physiotherapy and podiatry
- An extensive Diversional Therapy program including off site activities
- Resident Wi-Fi internet
- Indoor/outdoor living with accessible gardens, courtyards and terrace areas
- A choice of lounge areas for socializing, activities or watching TVs
- Dedicated volunteers who share their time and skills with the residents.
- A secure and safe environment.
Residents of Sundale Bindaree Care Centre are encouraged to maintain their independence and continue their involvement in community and social activities.
Being both the largest and most experienced provider of residential based care and support on the Sunshine Coast, we offer a unique understanding of what and how you require our assistance. We work with you on either a short term or longer term basis to help you achieve your objectives and aspirations. Through bringing together our allied health and care centres we ensure programs are focused on your recovery to optimise independence, with the support and direction of your GP, and where you desire, the continued involvement of family and friends.
Our lifestyle coordinators actively engage to identify your interests and preferences, and then work these into activities and outings where possible. Every Sundale facility has Wi-Fi access, ensuring continuing connection to family and friends. Technology is used as an enabler, freeing carers up to spend time with our elders.
Everything we do is aimed at supporting our elders. Come see for yourself – we’ll have the kettle on.
Sundale’s 50 years of successful service provision has at its core a simple philosophy – customer focus delivered through innovation and sustainable service models.