Stryder is the funded Community Transport Provider for *CHSP clients, referred to them by My Aged Care, who live in the Ryde and Hunters Hill Local Government Areas (LGAs) covering over 30 suburbs. Stryder is also a registered NDIS service provider with a focus on assisting people with disabilities and we also offer transport options to the broader community, including customers on Home Care Packages.
Stryder may be able to assist other vulnerable people or people with health-related needs, within the Ryde Hunters Hill LGA with subsidised transport. Eligibility is determined on a case by case basis by Stryder management.
Stryder's transport services are 'door to door' ranging from:
• Medical Appointment Transport - Their drivers collect clients from their home and take them to their appointment, and for the return journey.
• Lower North Shore Shuttle – Their mini-bus collects clients from their home for their trip to the Lower North Shore Area. The bus runs on a timetable and departs four times per day. It travels via Ryde, Greenwich, Lane Cove, Chatswood, North Sydney, St Leonards and Royal North Shore Hospital.
• Flexiride Everyday Transport Service – For personal appointments. A great service to visit friends, local shopping centres (Ryde and surrounds), transport hubs, clubs
• Shopping Services – They offer group shopping services, twice weekly to Macquarie Centre, and weekly to Gladesville shops and Cox’s Road North Ryde.
• Social Outings – They offer an extensive social program to its clients. A variety of trips are available, from local Sydney Metro destinations to ones further afield like the Central Coast, Blue Mountains and Wollongong.
• NDIS Transport – helping participants access workplaces, activity centres, as well as general community access.
Another of their very popular services is to provide our Bus Hire and Transport Solutions to various requests from Community Groups, Local Organisations, Business & Strategic Partners.
Their team is made up of paid staff and volunteers. Their drivers and bus assistants are known for their caring and gentle attitude to all clients.
*CHSP = Commonwealth Home Support Program funding.
**NDIS = National Disability Insurance Scheme