At St Vincent’s Care Services, we’re committed to making you feel welcome, valued and safe. We take the time to get to know you and your needs, and we look forward to providing you with the best balance of independence and support.
St Vincent’s Care Services Kangaroo Point (locally known as Marycrest and Lilian Cooper) is co-located with St Vincent’s Private Hospital Brisbane near the iconic Story Bridge, and overlooks the meandering Brisbane River and the city skyline. We offer progressive care in a stimulating and caring environment, where staff ensure residents feel at home, and families and friends are always welcomed. The facility has earned a wonderful reputation as a place where elderly residents are cared for with respect and gentleness.
The facility features a combination of single and shared rooms — all of which are air-conditioned and include ensuite bathrooms.
Our services are founded on a long heritage of caring, and our staff and volunteers live our values of compassion, justice, integrity and excellence every day. They are dedicated and skilled, and are the reason we can deliver on our promises of great service and best practice.
Helping you to feel at home is important to us. Our facilities are designed with your care and comfort in mind, and we will work closely with you and your family or carer to tailor our services to your unique needs. Our team of dedicated and skilled staff provides the best of nursing, personal and pastoral care to promote health and wellbeing, with permanent and respite care available.
On-site features and services include:
- Dementia care
- Regular social events, activities, concerts and outings
- Weekly on-site pet therapy
- Community and activity rooms for functions
- Library and computer centre
- Wi-Fi internet access throughout the facility
- On-site coffee shop
- Hairdressing salon
- Landscaped gardens with river views
- Barbeque and entertainment area
- Giovanni Chapel with regular Catholic mass and multi-denominational services.
Additional key features include:
- Diverse care options, including palliative care and respite care
- Registered nurses and carers on duty 24-hours-a-day
- Professional hotel services including full catering, laundry and cleaning
- Extensive leisure and lifestyle program delivered by a team of qualified practitioners
- Well appointed, comfortable and welcoming common areas
- Telephone and Wi-Fi internet access in common areas
- Access to visiting specialist allied health professionals, including physiotherapists, podiatrists, dietitians and hearing services
- Flexibility to choose your own GP or we can arrange one for you.