It’s care that meets you where you’re at.
St Vincent’s Home Care supports you to feel safe, comfortable and confident in your home and community. When your health and wellbeing aren’t where they used to be, St Vincent’s can assist when and where you need it.
Why home care?
There are many reasons why people use home care. Maybe getting around your house or to your latest appointment is a bit harder than it used to be. Perhaps you require nursing care and you want that type of assistance in the comfort of your own home. No matter the reason, our home care and community team can assist you in regaining confidence and maintain independence at home, for longer.
Asking for someone to assist doesn’t mean you’re not coping. It just means that, like so many others, you want to spend more time on the things that really matter. A little extra assistance in your home can mean:
• Spending more time visiting or hosting family
• Exploring new hobbies and favourite past times
• Or even just taking out more time for yourself
“Thank you for everything you do for us, all the carers are absolutely fantastic.”
What are the people helping me like?
The idea of having a stranger in your home can be quite confronting. It can also be a bit of an adjustment to incorporate someone new into your routine.
Because of this, we make sure St Vincent’s home care workers are:
• Willing to do things the way you like them
• Skilled in providing the services you need
• The right match for you
• Accessible when you need them
When a home care worker visits, they are there to support you and how you live your life. Because at the end of the day, it’s your choice who provides support for you.
“I’ve been so blessed by the help from my home care workers .They’re on time, know my mood and what to do without me even asking.” - Mary, home care client
Home care is different for everyone
St Vincent’s offers tailored services to make sure that everyone who needs extra assistance is covered.
• Personal care — dignified and respectful support with personal tasks such as showering, grooming and dressing
• Nursing care — assistance with managing health conditions and acute nursing needs within the familiarity of your own home
• Domestic assistance — help with day-to-day activities such as cleaning, laundry, ironing, changing sheets and grocery shopping
• Home maintenance — co-ordination of regular mowing and gardening, household repairs and external cleaning
• Transport — help with getting ‘out and about’ — in an air-conditioned St Vincent’s Care Services car or via taxi
• Social support — companionship and support to pursue activities of interest
• Exercise and rehabilitation — support to maintain your fitness or get back on your feet after surgery, illness or injury
• Respite care — short-term and long-term, full-time care provided by qualified and experienced staff in your own home or one of our residential living communities.
• Post Hospital Support — for short-term recovery support after a hospital stay
• Meal preparation — assisting clients to prepare healthy home-made meals.
Ask us more about the services we provide. No matter the support you need, we can help.
Just need answers?
Call St Vincent’s and we can:
• Simply explain the three different ways people pay for home care (which can save you undue stress and dollars).
• Discuss how you can maximise your government funding to ensure you get the right level of care for your needs, which allows you to live a fuller life.
• Explain how to use My Aged Care (the government aged care website) to ensure you get the right information, quickly and easily.
In home care features
Types of care
Additional details: CHSP social support services, and access to Wellness Centre available
Health service features
- Art therapy
- Auditory verbal therapy
- Behavioural support
- Immersion therapy
- Mental health
- Music therapy
- Rehabilitation services
- Sensory integration therapy
- Therapeutic supports
Additional details: Therapists may be outsourced as required. All services must meet eligible home care package criteria, or we can assist you to access accredited and appropriate services through our private funded service option.
Home care package (HCP)
Types of care
Additional details: We are able to access supplements attached to your home care package, where appropriate criteria is met.