At St Vincent’s Care Services, we’re committed to making you feel welcome, valued and safe. We take the time to get to know you and your needs, and we look forward to providing you with the best balance of independence and support.
St Vincent's Care Services Carseldine (historically known as Holy Spirit Home) offers residents a supportive and welcoming environment, with Residential Living aged care, Independent Living and Community Living services all available at the same location. Services at Carseldine are complemented by extensive community facilities and activities, and the added convenience of local shopping, medical and transport services all just a few minutes away.
Resident rooms include built in wardrobe, fan and a reverse cycle air conditioner. Substantial landscaped gardens readily accessible to residents, including residents with mobility aids.
Our services are founded on a long heritage of caring, and our staff and volunteers live our values of compassion, justice, integrity and excellence every day. They are dedicated and skilled, and are the reason we can deliver on our promises of great service and best practice.
Helping you to feel at home is important to us. Our facilities are designed with your care and comfort in mind, and we will work closely with you and your family or carer to tailor our services to your unique needs. Our team of dedicated and skilled staff provides the best of nursing, personal and pastoral care to promote health and wellbeing, with permanent and respite care available.
On-site features and services include:
- Outdoor pool
- Gym and exercise facilities
- People mover – providing transport around the campus and daily trip to nearby shopping centre
- Barbeque and outdoor entertainment area
- Extensive landscaped gardens
- Regular social events, activities, concerts and outings
- Community and activity rooms for functions and events
- Hairdressing and beauty services
- Coffee shop
- Chapel with regular Catholic mass and multi-denominational services.
Additional key residential aged care features include:
- Diverse care options, including palliative care
- Registered nurses and carers on duty 24-hours-a-day
- Professional hotel services, including full catering, laundry and cleaning
- Personal telephone and internet access (costs apply)
- Flexibility to choose your own GP
- Access to visiting specialist allied health professionals
- Arts and crafts activities
- Movie days
- Exercise classes
- Regular outings and shopping trips
- Happy hour
- Interaction with visiting schools.
Our Independent Living villas and apartments offer a comfortable, maintenance free retirement lifestyle within a welcoming and relaxing suburban setting.
Residents can take advantage of events organised by the social committee, our extensive shared facilities and activities, as well as our Community Living services.
If the time comes when you need additional care, you will be given priority access to our co-located residential living accommodation (subject to availability and care requirements).
Our one, two or three-bedroom apartments are private and fully self contained, and feature:
- Open plan designs
- Modern kitchens and fittings
- Deck or patio areas
- Generous storage
- Air conditioning in the main bedroom and living area
- 24-hour emergency nurse call system.
Nursing home features
- Very large home (178 beds)