St Joseph’s House is a modern aged care community providing residential aged care in Port Pirie, including dementia, respite and palliative care services.
Conveniently located in the heart of bustling Port Pirie, St Joseph’s House provides a welcoming, homely environment for residential care of 67 residents.
Having a strong connection to the local community, there is an accepting, multi-cultural warmness that gives residents from any background a sense of belonging and comfort. The Italian wing is always full of singing and laughter.
Our spirit of family is expressed in many ways and one heart-warming example is having four generations of one family involved in lifestyle management, hospitality, volunteering and as a resident.
We offer this service in the true spirit of friendship.
St Joseph’s House is centrally positioned on the corner of Norman and Florence Streets in Port Pirie.
Around a three-hour drive north of Adelaide on the Princes Highway, it is a homely community where a relaxed South Australian regional lifestyle is reflected in all aspects of St Joseph’s House.
Within a short walk of the main shopping centre, restaurants and entertainment venues, it is also very near to the lush Memorial Park for residents and family outings.
Port Pirie Regional Health Service and Port Pirie Hospital are only minutes away should the need arise.
Accommodation & pricing
St Joseph’s House offers comfortable, spacious rooms, either single or companion, with private ensuites, and space for personal furnishings and keepsakes.
Every room has natural light, with pleasant views. A choice of three-room styles enables residents to have the area and type of accommodation that meets their needs and means.
All residents’ rooms also feature electronically adjustable beds, large double glazed windows, quality curtains and floor coverings, individual air conditioning, variable lighting, furniture and storage.
Services & features
St Joseph’s House provides a comprehensive range of features and services creating a high level of comfort and convenience for residents and their guests:
- Homely, friendly and caring environment
- Extensive lifestyle program with interesting activities and visitors
- Permanent residential care
- Dementia specific services
- Respite beds available
- Highly skilled, professional team
- Registered Nurse available 24/7
- Individual care and dietary plans
- Socially and financially disadvantaged people welcomed
- Nutritious, sumptuous home-cooked meals from our kitchen
- Central lounge with large TV
- Physio programs, balance groups and alternative therapies for pain management
- Library service
- Private areas for quiet reminiscence
- Spacious social areas for group interaction and activities
- Complimentary hand massage, manicures, music therapy, sensory therapy, pet therapy and TheraBand exercise programs
- Optional hairdressing and beauty therapy (at additional cost).