Southern Cross Village Plumpton offers an enhanced lifestyle for older persons in a relaxed community environment.
The service is located in a well established residential area immediately across the road from Plumpton Shopping Centre. The centre offers an after hours medical centre & chemist, Optometrist, Dentist. Post Office and general retail services. Bus services operate in Hyatts Road.
The Village is adjacent to the Good Shepherd Church. Mount Druitt and Blacktown hospitals are just a short drive away.
The Village includes 52 self contained units set in park-like grounds, the newest of which were only completed in 2005. The residents live independently but can if they choose visit the apartments to access some of the services on offer.
- All units offer comfortable accommodation and are in good condition.
- All have patios with expansive outlooks. A 24-hour emergency call system is in place.
- Residents occupy the independent living units under a formal agreement which ensures security of tenure. Residents are required to pay an affordable fortnightly fee which covers all expenses other than electricity, telephone and personal keep. Our entry contribution arrangements are very reasonable and flexible - we endeavour to negotiate an arrangement to suit each individual.
- The residential care service offers 40 low level care places in clustered accommodation, all set around a landscaped courtyard garden.
- All apartments have private ensuites & patios with pleasant outlooks.
- Each apartment is provided with a heater, fan, telephone & television points.
- All community areas are fully air-conditioned.
- Staff are on duty at all times to provide care and assistance to residents.
- Residents have ready access to a range of medical & paramedical services e.g. visiting Doctors, physiotherapy and podiatry.
- Other in-house services include hairdressing and beauty treatments (pedicures, manicures, etc).
- There is a wide range of in-house activities supported by a Lifestyle Coordinator, including exercise programs, barbecues, bus trips & outings, bowls, & bingo.
- Christian worship services are held in the chapel on a regular basis.
Home Care Packages
Home Care is designed to help clients who have been assessed as needing support to remain in their own homes and continue to be part of the broader community.
Services may include:
- Personal care, including bathing, eating, dressing and grooming
- Light housework, including laundry and ironing
- Social support, including shopping
- Preparation of meals
- Respite care
- Transport to and from appointments.
For further information please contact:
Southern Cross Care (NSW & ACT) on 02 9790 9400.
Nursing home features
- Small home (40 beds)
- Specialist services: Audiology, Continence Management, Counselling, Occupational Therapy, Optometry, Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Speech Pathology
Types of care
Additional details: Pastoral care available
Additional details: 24 hour emergency call system