The two-storey 144 bed Pines Lodge is regarded as Australia’s most modern and up-to-date aged care establishment and totally replaces Southern Cross Care’s first major caring facility, which opened in 1976.
The Pines Lodge is directly across the road from Bucklands, a major $18 million aged care facility that opened in 2004, giving Southern Cross Care two adjacent facilities that cater for both high and low level care needs, allowing residents the peace of mind to age in place.
The Pines Lodge, which incorporates two buildings, sets a new standard in aged care and offers every conceivable facility that senior citizens need. It’s spacious, uses warm pastel colours, is secured by garden walls and modern and attractive fencing, is set in a garden-like environment, and makes maximum use of natural light.
Each private room has its own ensuite, individually controlled air conditioning, and three nurse call buttons, one in the bedroom and two in the bathroom, while the communal areas are second to none.
With particularly generous rooms – each with leafy views over gardens, The Pines Lodge offers residents a state-of-the-art facility with a tranquil, relaxing and very serene living environment, both indoors and outdoors.
A typical room plan is pictured on the right.
- Resident and staff friendly environment with plenty of space and light
- Inviting, weather protected entrance
- State of the art design purpose built for now and the future
- Large, airy, well lit rooms and amenities
- Technologically advanced rooms to facilitate the quick response by staff to resident requests
- Four large and bright dining rooms, plus private dining areas where residents can invite family and friends
- Adjoining rooms for couples
- Memory support unit
- Spacious rooms with private ensuites and built-in wardrobes
- One massive recreational area (including the latest in audio visual equipment)
- A variety of lounges from large to intimate in size
- Inviting coffee shop, ‘The Courtyard Café’ with an al fresco dining area
- Quiet and intimate social areas
- Dedicated chapel in a serene environment
- Hairdressing salon
- Chef cooked meals, catering to all dietary requirements
- Clinical and medical rooms, physiotherapy and rehabilitation areas, a spa for hydrotherapy treatments
- Library and internet facilities
- Room controlled reverse cycle air-conditioning
- Long term stay respite care on availability
- Enchanting atrium gardens
- Landscaped and secured walled and fenced gardens
- Leafy courtyards and balconies where residents can chose to dine or have morning and afternoon teas.