Pearl Supported Care is Southern Cross Care’s first venture into the Northern Territory and forms part of the overall Pearl development at beautiful Fannie Bay. With accommodation for 65 high and low level care residents, Pearl is rated five star for its practicality and luxury.
Resident accommodation is over two levels and includes spacious individual rooms with ensuite and the latest in nurse call bell technology. All rooms are wired for telephone and television and Austar connection is available. Each room has access to either a balcony or a courtyard to enhance the tropical feel.
- Spacious ensuite rooms with built-in wardrobes
- Room controlled reverse cycle air-conditioning
- Chef cooked meals catering to all dietary requirements and prepared on site
- Private dining room
- Memory support unit
- Laundry service
- Physiotherapist on site
- Other allied health professionals including palliative care, behavioural management, Speech Pathologist and Dietitians
- Balcony views and beautiful gardens
- Dedicated space for lifestyle programs.
Registered and Enrolled Nurses, supported by Personal Care Assistants, are available 24 hours a day to provide individualised, contemporary nursing care that promotes positive health outcomes. Nursing staff have special skills in dementia and palliative care, promoting best practice for individuals and their families requiring these services.
Multi-denominational pastoral care services and a quiet chapel are available while a team of lifestyle professionals assist residents to maintain their individual interests, develop new interests and maintain their previous community involvement.
In addition, the building has been purpose built to become a self contained cyclone shelter, capable of housing all residents and staff, should the need arise.