At Southern Cross Care Qld, Castra we have a real commitment to providing quality care in a homely environment, complimented by professional and caring staff in comfortable surroundings.
This 61 place country-homestead style property with wide verandahs is designed to take advantage of the expansive rural vista from the elevated site. With a north easterly aspect, the common rooms boast unbeatable views and benefit from the winter sun and cool summer breezes.
Our dedicated team provide the highest standard of person-centred care for every client, respecting individual choice, privacy and dignity 24 hours a day. Our qualified staff have excellent partnerships with local health care teams and are trusted health care advisors for broader health care teams.
Everything is here for you
At Southern Cross Care Qld we are committed to providing a unique quality of life for all residents. The property boasts a large multipurpose hall and onsite café for residents to enjoy with their family and friends when they visit. The community is surrounded by manicured, well maintained grounds and gardens; it is conveniently located and accessible to all services and facilities and is well serviced with local doctors visiting.
We have Diversional Therapy staff, who organise a diverse program of activities to suit all interests.
The personal needs of all residents are attended to by our caring and well trained personnel, focusing on valuing and respecting human life and providing care with dignity. Staff are onsite 24 hours a day and an alarm system with central monitoring of every room.
At Southern Cross Care Qld we are committed to great care that focus’ on the person and facilitate unique services so quality of life is enabled for all.
Caring Services and Facilities
At Southern Cross Care Qld, we pride ourselves on the way we look after people. Every person has their own life history and their own individual goals and we respect this in the services we provide:
- Living areas that enhance meal time.
- Garden spaces and raised garden beds to invite participation.
- Pastoral Care Services.
- Space to participate in everyday living and entertaining family and guests.
- Delicious meals that are cooked fresh daily on site.
- Qualified and skilled staff who provide specialised care for those residents living with dementia, chronic disease management, palliative and end of life care.
- On site coffee shop
- Alfresco eating area with BBQ facilities
- Health and beauty treatment room
- Access to visiting Doctors & Allied Health Services.
Nursing home features
- Medium home (61 beds)
- Specialist services: Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Speech Therapy, Dietitian, Aromatherapy, Music Therapy
Types of care
Additional details: Couples accommodation considered