Southern Cross Village (Ozanam Apartments) offers an enhanced lifestyle for older persons in a relaxed community environment. We are located less than one kilometre from the Woden Town Centre, and just 500 metres from Hughes shops. Canberra Hospital is only one kilometre away. Bus stops are located on Wisdom Street, within 100 metres of the facility.
The village includes 30 two-bedroom and four three-bedroom self contained units located in attractive courtyard garden settings. Fourteen units were built in 2006. All units are in excellent condition and a 24-hour emergency call system is in place. Residents occupy the independent living units under a formal agreement which ensures security of tenure. Residents are required to pay an affordable fortnightly fee which covers all expenses other than electricity, telephone and personal keep. Our entry contribution arrangements are very reasonable and flexible - we endeavour to negotiate an arrangement to suit each individual.
Supported Living Apartments
- The residential care service offers 70 state-of-the-art apartments.
- Apartments have balconies or patios, many with expansive views across Woden Valley to the mountains beyond.
- One cluster of 12 apartments is specifically designed to help cater for the needs of older people with special needs, including dementia.
- All apartments have private ensuites.
As a Southern Cross Care (NSW & ACT) facility, we ensure:
- All community areas are fully air-conditioned.
- Staff are on duty at all times to provide care and assistance to residents.
- Medical services are available from visiting doctors.
- Access to a range of medical and allied health services e.g. visiting doctors, physiotherapy and podiatry.
- A range of in-house activities including exercise programs, hairdresser, barbecues, bus trips and outings, bowls, bingo and Happy Hour are all supported by a Lifestyle Coordinator.
- Christian worship services are held in the prayer room on a weekly basis.
For further information please contact:
Southern Cross Care (NSW & ACT) on 02 9790 9400.