This new multi-story security complex is an integrated facility offering a mix of residential care and independent living. Set in well-maintained landscaped grounds, with views across the ocean, the facility is located less than 500 metres from the beach and close to a large shopping centre. A bus stop is located at the front entrance.
The northern section of the building offers a mix of 14 one, two and three-bedroom units, all with verandas and access to ground floor gardens.
Each unit includes lounge, dining and laundry, ceiling fans and air conditioning, dishwasher, basement parking and lift access to upper levels. All units and parking areas require secure coded access.
The residential care facility also has access to the veranda, air conditioning in all common areas, heating, ceiling fans and lift access.
Each wing contains a central dining and lounge area with large screen televisions and pay TV. The facility includes a community hall and chapel. A full activities program runs daily in the central activities area. Residents of both the independent and supported living facilities enjoy activities together.
A 25 seater community bus is shared between Bateau Bay, Caves Beach and Swansea sites.
Services and activities
Mawson’s Court residential care facility offers a wide variety of activities and events including:
- Entertainers and presenters
- Bingo, word games, brain gym and trivia
- Hand and nail care; facials
- Craft, cooking, movies, library
- Exercises, carpet bowls and heart moves
- Delta pet therapy
- Themed days
- Bus outings and excursions
- Combined village & facility activities
- Vocational program with local high school.
Services provided within the residential facility include:
- Physiotherapy (weekly)
- Hairdressing (weekly)
- Pain management program
- Podiatry (monthly)
- Exercise programs run onsite by physio aides
- Pastoral care
- Onsite chapel with Catholic Mass (three times in a week)
- Christian prayer meetings (weekly)
- Ecumenical services, Anglican and Uniting services
- Mobile dental service (monthly)
- Coffee shop (weekly).