Completed in 2013, Southern Cross Care Keon Park sets a new standard in aged care homes. Apart from our new building and superb facilities, what makes this home special is our small-scale, family-style approach to living.
If you are expecting an old-fashioned style "nursing home", one visit to Southern Cross Care Keon Park will certainly change your mind. Our state-of-the-art building includes:
- six “households" of up to 16 residents; your own small community within the larger community
- separate kitchen, dining and lounge room for each household
- a chapel and two prayer rooms
- private courtyards and gardens.
The rooms at Southern Cross Care Keon Park go far beyond what you would probably expect from an aged care home. Full of natural light; a space you can make your own; a place where you will be happy to welcome your family and friends.
All rooms include:
- private ensuites
- flat screen TVs
- optional Foxtel (residents can arrange this at their cost)
We make it our mission to help you enjoy life, stay active, and do the things you love, as well as trying new things with new friends. We will work with you to choose social and lifestyle options that suit you. Rather than you having to fit in with our program, we will fit in with you. Tell us your interests and hobbies, and we will take care of the rest.
Fresh, nutritious food is always on the menu at Southern Cross Care Keon Park. Our menus are developed and regularly updated by a nutritionist. Variety is the spice of life, so not only is our menu nutritious and tasty, it also caters for your dietary or cultural preferences. Bon appetit!
You will find many of the services and supports you need right here at Southern Cross Care Keon Park, including:
- pastoral care support
- community hub including internet café, library and hairdressing salon
- wellness centre with access to doctors, physiotherapy and podiatry
- gym with qualified personal trainer
- free Wi-Fi throughout the home.
For your other needs, the shops and community services of Reservoir, Keon Park and Thomastown are close by.
Nursing home features
- Medium home (96 beds)
- Specialist services: Visiting allied health professionals