The Homestead offers a friendly, homely, secure environment for 28 residents who chooses to make Allora Homestead their home. We have two lounge areas to read, and relax with friends. A purpose built activity centre for religious services, and planned activities within the home and with the local community groups.
Our personal carers are available to help with dressing, showering and other personal needs as required. The focus is to keep residents engaged and enjoying life, so our Diversional Therapist organises an array of activities and outings each day. There is an additional room dedicated for respite, to provide a break for dedicated full time carers.
The Homestead provides limited Ageing in Place. Our resident’s food preferences, dislikes, cultural needs and nutrition requirements are considered and feedback on this service is always welcomed.
Caring Services & Facilities
At Southern Cross Care, we pride ourselves on the way we look after people. Every person has their own life history and their own individual goals and we respect this in the services we provide:
- Dining areas that enhance meal experience as well as providing tranquil spaces for reading and entertaining family and guests.
- Pastoral Care Services.
- Delicious meals that are cooked fresh daily on site. As well as a purpose built kitchen for residents to use.
- Qualified, skilled and friendly staff provide specialised care for those residents living with dementia, chronic disease management, palliative and end of life care.
- Shared activity spaces for Religious Services and meaningful community and site events.
- Stylish and comfortable furnishings and artwork for a homelike feel
- Alfresco eating are with BBQ facilities
- Social Activities
- Access to visiting Doctors & Allied Health Services
- Laundry service
- Onsite respite care
- Advanced Care Planning
Nursing home features
- Small home (29 beds)
- Specialist services: Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Aromatherapy, Podiatry, Dietitian, Speech Therapy, Music Therapy