Sorrento Lodge is a purpose-built aged care facility set in the heart of idyllic Sorrento. Our home comprises 34 permanent beds and provides small, yet home-like accommodation in single rooms each with ensuite bathrooms/toilets. All rooms feature emergency call bells and qualified staff 24 hours a day.
Sorrento Lodge Aged Care Services
- Security codes featured throughout the facility to ensure the protection and safety of our residents
- Full laundry service is available for all residents
- Delicious home cooked food approved to meet our resident’s special dietary requirements
- We work closely with community groups within the Mornington Peninsula to ensure our residents stay connected with friends and loved ones
- 24 hour ‘on call’ service by Registered Division 1 Nurse
- Day program.
Allied Health Visit
- Visiting local doctors
- Physiotherapists (including pain management program)
- Speech therapists
- Music therapist
- Visiting dentists
- Hearing services
- Palliative care support.
Care for our Residents
Sorrento Lodge provides an intimate home for the aged where our residents are our sole focus. We pride ourselves on delivering high quality, individualised care.
Our staff are all long standing employees and accordingly possess a strong sense of togetherness and teamwork. It is these qualities which reflect our dedication and respect paid to our residents. They cherish the intimate one-to-one relationships shared with our caring staff; in essence our residents are our extended family.
At Sorrento Lodge, it is our aim to promote the autonomy of all residents in order to preserve the dignity, purpose and meaning in their lives. Accordingly, we provide facilities and support which maintains our residents´ links with the community.
Resident Activity / Therapy Programs
Our diversional therapy staff organise a wide range of activities to cater for both the individual and group. Support and suggestions from residents and families are welcomed to assist us to continuously improve our care and services.
Our activity program is designed to give residents the best opportunity to maintain their interests and independence.
Some programs which assist in keeping our residents active and engaged include:
- Church services offered (denomination)
- Regular trips and outings to various places of interest such as breathtaking locations at both Sorrento’s front and back beaches
- Exercise group
- Extensive gardening group
- Music with local entertainers
- Regular visits from students at Sorrento Primary School
- Reminiscence and Sensory groups
- Craft groups
- Music therapy
- Pet therapy
- Validation therapy
- Gentle exercises
- Spiritual support
- Beauty/hand massage and pampering
- Special events and celebration days with families and friends
- Table games
- Community outings.
Fresh nutritious meals are prepared & cooked on the premises by our professional staff. Sorrento Lodge caters for individual residents’ likes & cultural preferences. Our menus are regularly assessed by a dietician to ensure that they meet the dietary requirements of our residents. In addition to the main meals, morning tea, afternoon tea & supper are also served.
Higher Standards of Care
Our staff highly committed individuals who devote their lives to caring for the elderly. Apart from their obvious caring nature, staff are attuned to residents´ needs and are able to anticipate their requirements in advance.
Please feel free to join us for afternoon tea and experience our friendly homely environment.