At Silver Chain, we believe that you deserves to live a healthy, safe and independent life in the comfort of your home, and to stay active and connected within your community. We provide tailored and personalised care to help you stay there.
Why Silver Chain?
As the leading provider of in-home health and home care and with over 110 years’ experience supporting our clients to remain living at home, you can trust us to take the best care of you.
Our experienced and knowledgeable team will take the time to get to know you, understand your needs and personalise care that’s right for you - now and as your needs change.
Our social centres offer a comfortable, home-like setting where you can socialise, relax and have fun.
Whether you want meet new people and make friends, join in with activities and day trips or simply want a change of scenery where you can read a book or watch a film, our social centres can cater to your individual needs.
We offer a fun and flexible program of activities to suit you because we know that when you spend your day enjoying your hobbies, developing friendships and contributing to your community, your happiness and quality of life is improved.
At our social centres, you can enjoy:
- Making friends and connecting with others with similar interests to you
- Walks, BBQs, picnics, visits to concerts or plays and places of interest
- Mini golf, skittles, quoits, dominoes, scrabble and cards plus lots more
- Arts and crafts, cooking, knitting, gardening and a host of other activities
- Light exercise classes to help maintain or regain flexibility, balance and strength
- Dementia friendly environment with music boxes, puzzle solving and support to practise skills
- Interesting guest speakers and partnerships with local schools where you and the students participate in activities such as arts and crafts, puzzles and school projects.
Our metro social centres are open Monday to Friday from 9am – 2.30pm.
We can even help you get to and from the social centre closest to you for a small fee.