Sandhill is located in the picturesque, tranquil setting of South Launceston where residents enjoy the spectacular views over the city and the mountains. Sandhill is one of the largest residential aged care homes in Tasmania, and it is set in an extensive park-like location on a hill overlooking the city.
With single rooms and shared rooms on offer, the accommodation provides companionship and is perfect for couples that would like to live together while receiving the benefits of 24 hour care.
All are welcome to participate in our community and recreational activities. Our leisure and lifestyle programs can be personalised to individual needs and preferences to best ensure a sense of purpose and fulfilment.
- 24 hour care, with Registered Nurses onsite 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Specialised, secure environment for those living with dementia
- Palliative care
- Caring, committed, compassionate staff
- Individualised care and therapy plans
- Respite and permanent care available
- Your own doctor or specialist
- Chef cooked & prepared nutritious and delicious meals.
- Private or shared room accommodation available, all with private ensuites
- Relaxing day rooms, lounges and dining areas
- Beautiful courtyards and gardens
- Café .
Activities and services
- Personalised lifestyle program, seven days a week
- Regular group and individual outings and community activities
- Bus outings ( scenic drives, shopping trips, lunches)
- Men’s Group
- Audiometry and audiology
- Dental technician and dentist
- Physiotherapy and physio-aides
- Speech therapy
- Spiritual and pastoral guidance
- Signature by Japara Wellness Package available.
Nursing home features
- Large home (132 beds)
Types of care
Additional details: Courtyard gardens