Enjoy expert nursing care and a vibrant activities calendar at our Toowoomba aged care services. Residents, along with their families and the team of caring staff, are the heart of this Toowoomba aged care service. We have been part of the Toowoomba community since 1935. We operate in two separate locations – Salem in Hume Street and Northridge Salem in Holberton Street. Both are minutes from Toowoomba’s town centre.
You can enjoy:
- daily menu choices
- leisure and creative activities
- access to an onsite GP clinic at our Northridge Salem site
- bringing your treasured belongings to make your space your own
- choosing from a mix of rooms with shared or private ensuites, with or without air-conditioning
"For 80 years Salem Lutheran Aged Care has evolved and remains committed to providing care that encourages wellness, fulfilment with a sense of home and family."
Jason Coles, Service Manager Salem and Northridge Salem
We work with our residents to understand the things that are most important to them. We also provide:
- quiet areas for residents and families to meet
- a choice of meaningful activities that offer the opportunity for creativity and developing new skills and interests
- feedback and resident-initiated activities are welcomed
- an open and friendly place to live that welcomes family, visitors and
- members of the broader community
- expert dementia care in a dedicated dementia unit at our Northridge Salem site
Courtyards nestled within the facility display flowering plants and potted colour, creating quiet and inviting areas. Some of the feature areas include a Japanese garden dotted with ornamentals, a covered sitting area and a fish pond.
We believe the garden can be a source of great pleasure and a place of healing for residents. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved in the garden, through pruning plants in the garden beds or tending balconies filled with potted plants.