The PresCare Day Therapy Centre provides a range of allied health services at the Centre in Coopers Plains, in clients homes and at other community service sites (for example, at the Sherwood Respite Centre). The PresCare Day Therapy Centre is a place where people receive therapeutic support for healthy living, in line with PresCare guiding principle of caring for the whole individual – their mental, physical and spiritual wellbeing.
Allied Health Services provided by the Centre include:
- Physiotherapy - helping with pain relief, mobility and range of movement
- Podiatry - providing foot care, and specialising in diabetes risk assessment and monitoring
- Occupational therapy - helping maintain your independence by assisting daily living activities
- Speech pathology - maintaining communication skills and managing swallowing problems.
With access to a multidisciplinary team, clients experience a holistic approach to healthcare. Our goal is to promote illness prevention, independence and quality of life for all clients, while maintaining their connection to the broader community. We have developed a number of group activities which help our clients achieve their goals with the support of a specialist for minimal cost. Groups include:
- Weights program - promoting muscle and bone strength and improving balance
- Exercise groups - building stamina and maintaining function
- Diabetic exercise groups - providing specialised exercise advice to improve disease management
- Tai Chi - providing flexibility and pain management for clients with arthritis.
For more information on any of our services please contact PresCare Day Therapy Centre on (07) 3710 2318.