Since 1976 our aim has been to ensure everyone in our North East Melbourne community has access to high quality support and care. healthAbility offers a broad selection of services that can help improve your quality of life and support you to live independently, actively and safely in your home and within the community. These services are available to everyone needing assistance in their home or support to engage as they wish in community programs, including NDIS participants and My Aged Care clients.
Our experience in delivering a comprehensive range of supports and services, including support coordination, case management and assessments, makes healthAbility a trusted provider of Home Care Package services.
Our staff can guide and support you through the assessment process or you can contact us when you are ready to develop your plan.
We offer the following In Home and Community Supports:
- Social Support Groups - Our Social Support Groups provide activities to help older people and people with disability to live a healthier, more rewarding and socially engaged life.
- Social Support for Individuals
- Domestic Assistance - General housekeeping tasks are provided by our respectful and efficient team. Tasks include vacuuming, dusting, mopping, wet areas and kitchen benches, laundry and basic ironing and other housekeeping as required.
- Respite - We provide respite supports and activities, either in your home, in the community or based in our centre that are tailored to your needs and the needs of the person you care for. This includes overnight support.
We also run groups specific to the needs of carers, to provide respite and social interaction with other carers.
- Home Maintenance - We can help maintain a safe home environment to ensure you or someone you care for continues to live as safely and independently as possible in their own home. This includes doing small maintenance and repair jobs like unsticking doors and windows, smoke alarm batteries, fix loose floorboards, replacing light globes, etc.
On an as needs or regular basis, we can provide lawn mowing, weeding, plant care, pruning, etc. to maintain your garden.
- Meal Preparation - We can plan and prepare nutritious meals and assist with shopping to maintain a diet that you or someone you care for is used to in the comfort of home. This can be done with you or on your behalf.
- Personal Support - Our qualified and trusted team can provide support with showering, assistance with self-medication and other activities of daily living to enable you or someone you care for to live with dignity in their own home.
In addition to helping with personal tasks, our staff can assist with access to community and recreational activities.
- Transport - To enable people to live as independently and healthy as possible, we understand the need for you or someone you care for to get to places outside of home for support and to stay connected to community.