Opal Rutherford is a brand new 144 bed residential aged care home in the Hunter region. This home is the largest Opal has built to date. It demonstrates innovation in aged care and will boast large suites designed for couples, singles and companion rooms, and a dedicated memory support wing and sensory garden for people needing specialist dementia care.
Key features of the home:
- ‘Memory support’ unit providing specialist care for those living with dementia, including a new sensory garden.
- Exceptional care for residents including permanent, respite and dementia-specific care.
- A range of rooms available including singles with ensuites, large companions with ensuites, and large suites for couples including a separate living area and kitchenette.
- Luxury rooms with a range of additional services including linen, toiletries, dining options, TV and Wi-Fi packages.
- A registered nurse-led care model, with nurses onsite at all times.
- Medical services including physiotherapy, pharmacy, podiatry, optometry and dental.
- The Opal Menu – home-style, nutritious comfort food cooked fresh onsite.
- Large communal living areas, dining rooms and outdoor gardens.
- A range of lifestyle activities and outings.
- Hairdressing salon and café.