Enjoy expert nursing care and a vibrant activities calendar at our Toowoomba aged care services. Residents, along with their families and the team of caring staff, are the heart of this Toowoomba aged care service. We have been part of the Toowoomba community since 1935. We operate in two separate locations – Salem in Hume St and Northridge Salem in Holberton St. Both are minutes from Toowoomba’s town centre.
- daily menu choices
- leisure and creative activities
- access to an on-site GP clinic at our Northridge Salem site
- bring your treasured belongings to make your space your own
- choose from a mix of rooms with shared or private ensuites, with or without airconditioning
“For 80 years Salem Lutheran Aged Care has evolved and remains committed to providing care that encourages wellness, fulfilment with a sense of home and family.”
Jason Coles, Service Manager Salem and Northridge
We work with our residents to understand the things that are most important to them. We also provide:
- quiet areas for residents and families to meet
- a choice of meaningful activities that offer the opportunity for creativity and developing new skills and interests
- feedback and resident-initiated activities are welcomed
- an open and friendly place to live that welcomes family, visitors and members of the broader community
- expert dementia care in a dedicated dementia unit at our Northridge Salem site
Winding paths, expansive lawns and shady trees are the hallmarks of the glorious gardens at Northridge Salem. Well maintained paths are designed to meander gently and safely through the gardens, stopping at observation points and seating zones for quiet contemplation. Residents in the dementia unit enjoy raised
garden beds which are planted with fragrant, sensory plants, aiming to evoke memories and create a calm and pleasant environment.