Northern Gardens is a family oriented home for the aged where our residents are our sole focus. We pride ourselves on this small home-like environment served by a team of dedicated staff who deliver high quality, individualised care.
At Northern Gardens, it is our aim to promote the autonomy of all residents in order to preserve the dignity, purpose and meaning in their lives. Accordingly, we provide facilities and support which maintains our residents' links with the community.
We are committed to all encompassing care, however we find that it is ‘the little things’ we do which create the personal, home-like feel for our residents.
Northern Gardens Aged Care is a state of the art aged care facility located in the heart of Coburg, comprising 60 permanent beds. Our facility provides comfortable home-like accommodation in large single rooms, each with ensuite bathrooms/toilets and emergency call bells.
- Large shared rooms are available to offer couples accommodation
- Each room is fitted with ceiling fans and hydronic heating
- Residents and families are encouraged to decorate rooms with memorabilia and familiar furnishings
- Qualified Nursing staff 24 hours per day
- Easily accessible public transport services located nearby
- Respite care
- Day program
- Palliative care.
Northern Gardens Aged Care Services provides residents with 24 hour care from our experienced Registered Nurses and other qualified staff. Visiting doctors, podiatrist, physiotherapists, speech therapists, psychiatrists, massage therapy and other health care professionals also further enhance this continuity of care.
- Full laundry service is available for all the residents' laundry needs
- Dietitian recommended delicious home-cooked food
- Hairdressing services.
Some programs which assist in keeping our residents active and engaged include:
- Dementia programs
- Cultural and social events are celebrated with family and friends
- Music and concerts
- Validation therapy
- Purposeful domestic activities
- Church services
- Community volunteers
- Exercise group
- Music, art and crafts
- Cooking demonstrations
- Quiz and card games
- Trips and outings to various places of interest.