MYVISTA embraces its ethnic heritage and provides cultural support to residents from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds. We have residents from a variety of European and Mediterranean countries, providing a rich cultural history in food, music and activities.
Here at MYVISTA Balcatta we offer a caring and compassionate environment and understand that moving to a new home can sometimes be difficult. Our priority is to ensure you feel welcomed and supported as you settle in, make new acquaintances and continue to share time with your loved ones.
- Culturally appropriate aged care accommodation and support for 102 elderly people with various abilities and needs.
- Dementia specific accommodation.
- Rooms are of a generous size with own private ensuite.
- Qualified and experienced clinical and care staff on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Each resident has an individual management and care plan tailored in consultation with the resident, their family, their doctor and MYVISTA clinical staff.
- Occupational Therapy staff arrange lifestyle options, activities and social events for residents.
- Physiotherapy staff address mobility and function needs of residents to keep them comfortably active for as long as possible.
- Therapy support services such as a speech therapist, dietitian, dental specialist, audiologist and podiatrist visit regularly to assess residents’ special needs.
- GPs visit the facility regularly.
- Dedicated activity room, cafe and other facilities including a large outdoor piazza where residents can enjoy fresh air, shady trees and beautifully landscaped gardens.
- Religious and spiritual services are supported for all residents and a chapel is available within the grounds.
Nursing home features
- Large home (102 beds)
Types of care
- Former Yugoslavian
Residential Aged Care
102 Bed facility supporting a broad range of care needs
Dementia Support Wing
Your new home is one of the five houses nestled amongst beautiful landscaped gardens and pathways.
• After breakfast, which is served in your house, the day is yours. You may wish to meander through the gardens, bask in the sunshine or join in the day’s activities in the activity room.
• If a moment of quiet reflection is required, our beautiful chapel will provide you with the solace and quiet time you need.
• Visitors are always welcome. Our lounge and dining areas are a great place to catch up with your loved ones. On a warm day, the kids can play on the lawn. MYVISTA knows how important family time is, and that it should be an enjoyable experience for everyone, including the grandchildren.
• Lunch and Dinner can be served in our dining area or in your room, where you will enjoy our chef’s freshly prepared and nutritious meals. Our warm and caring staff are always there to serve and assist you.
• At the end of the day, you retire to your room which we encourage you to personalise by bringing in your own items, such as TV, photos, pictures, bedspread etc.
MYVISTA is a non-smoking facility.